SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Nice man. Should be easy for me to spot your XC40 now!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW that's spotless ....... they don't look this nice in a showroom for gods sake

what did you use? do you have a ceramic coating on there?

also that yellow badge on the side adds a lot. where's you get it?
Thanks! Yes.. she's been ceramic coated. I got the badge from Dave Barton before Volvo started on him.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks! Yes.. she's been ceramic coated. I got the badge from Dave Barton before Volvo started on him.
what's the material on the badge? is it just a sticker or is it metal? i can't tell if its a protrusion. I like how it doesn't say Volvo on it, just a prancing moose.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what's the material on the badge? is it just a sticker or is it metal? i can't tell if its a protrusion. I like how it doesn't say Volvo on it, just a prancing moose.
It's made of vinyl.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What exactly is ceramic coat? Is it a fancy wax job? Or is the car actually coated by some sort of spray coating ?

Kris
Google is your friend. LOL.

Ceramic is more than just a wax/ sealant. IMO it's totally worth the cost. My car looks cleaner longer especially after a good rain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ugh! I hate you!!!

I was hoping they offered BB for 2019 Inscription. Instead, I got the denim blue. Nice color but nowhere as cool as BB!

Gratz. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you DIY or go to a shop? Any idea on cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a shop do it... I've seen prices anywhere between $300 to $800 depending on the products being used.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great ... considering the same color on the R ... how are the 20's on the road? Any harshness in ride? Road noise?
I find the 20's just fine. No harshness and they are compliant when just cruising. I considered going bigger, but I wasn't willing to go thinner than a 45 series tire. Northern NJ winter roads are not friendly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts