SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw C70 come up on Row52. Saw what seemed to be a set of Propus in a bad photo. Went there thinking they would already be poached. Got close to the car and saw a wheel, now i get excited, go to the other side and one wheel is missing. WTFudge, who takes just one wheel ? I think maybe there's a full spare in trunk, then think, no way a 17" full spare would fit in C70 Boot. I'm dejected and think, i could by 1 on ebay and then I see they want 350.00 for a reconditioned wheel. I'm about to walk away and have a momentary laps of genius " maybe someone didn't have the $$ and was going to come back later so they stashed a wheel somewhere close". I walk 3 cars down and i see a wheel upside down that looks encouraging. I flip it over and oh yeah! Thats it. Scored all 4 with good tires for $150.00. They could use a little conditioning to be mint, but good enough for now. Way better looking than the Columbras. I'll use the Columbras for winter set up.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it, I guarantee someone was coming back for all 4. They were just to lazy to stash all of them away, or they didnt have a breaker bar. Because i almost didnt get 2 of them off. I Did the old stand on the breaker bar and jump up and down and luckily didn't fall and twist an ankle.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
That's a good junkyard story and what a good buy!

·
Registered
17,790 Posts
oh very nice

any other goodies on that c70? the white 99 in salt lake im guessing?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep was the 99' nothing else good on it. I also got a wood steering wheel like your emerald has for $9.00. Its in great shape, just not sure if i should install it. But had to take advantage of 1/2 price Wednesday

·
Registered
17,790 Posts
Yep was the 99' nothing else good on it. I also got a wood steering wheel like your emerald has for $9.00. Its in great shape, just not sure if i should install it. But had to take advantage of 1/2 price Wednesday
Audio unless it was crazy base and had an 816.

I ditched the walnut wood wheel a while back but might be going full birch on that car.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it was base model. There is another 2000 C70 in another JY with a T5. Im probably going this weekend to help a fellow enthusiast pull it for a 99 V70 in passion red he picked up for 600 bucks with a blown HG. Did you ditch the wheel mostly because the color, or did you not like the feel ?

·
Registered
17,790 Posts
Yeah, it was base model. There is another 2000 C70 in another JY with a T5. Im probably going this weekend to help a fellow enthusiast pull it for a 99 V70 in passion red he picked up for 600 bucks with a blown HG. Did you ditch the wheel mostly because the color, or did you not like the feel ?
It was in higher demand than my need for it. Sold it with the spare set of redwood trim because I had the totally complete set. Wheel, dash, glovebox, center console and manual 5 speed knob.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mmmmmm 17" Comets on your black beauty are my favorite.
Nothing like a good junkyard day...!

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Great story. Stashing parts happens at my local pull a parts pretty regularly. I think I've found a few stashed parts in the past but nothing like a Propus - that's really cool. I can imagine the look on the stasher's face when they return on payday to retrieve their stash, lol.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There’s a C70 in the Oakland JY too. Went in with the same rims but they’ve taken to sending the wheels to scrap immediately. I saw and R go in and went to try and get the Pegs and the were already sent to the Alu scrap. It’s pretty annoying to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's a C70 in the Oakland JY too. Went in with the same rims but they've taken to sending the wheels to scrap immediately. I saw and R go in and went to try and get the Pegs and the were already sent to the Alu scrap. It's pretty annoying to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Noooooooo, that's wheel abuse, we should organize under "PETW" People For The Ethical Treatment Of Wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts