SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep.... thats how it looks. The 2.4 engine is an indicator also. We’ll see what it actually is today. This is the same lot that had the red 96 856R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My doors on my wagon have tons of scratches and nicks in the paint. Can you see what the doors look like if you end up going?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
My doors on my wagon have tons of scratches and nicks in the paint. Can you see what the doors look like if you end up going?
Someone is going for me. I’ll ask.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Yep.... thats how it looks. The 2.4 engine is an indicator also. We’ll see what it actually is today. This is the same lot that had the red 96 856R.

Well by VIN that's a 2.3 T5. Whatever it is they messed up the listing real bad. The wheels and VIN match so I'm willing to bet it's a 850 Turbo.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
That happens. A local JY labeled a red 850 as a T-5R a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
That happens. A local JY labeled a red 850 as a T-5R a few weeks ago.

Well now that's interesting because that's also a 95 Turbo. I wonder if something is messed up in their system.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
The one in San Jose is still in processing and hasn’t hit the yard yet... wasted trip. Called them for status and they confirmed its a T5-R. We’ll see when it finally gets out there.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Well, let’s pretend it is one. What besides the seats, door card inserts, floor mats, owner’s manual, and front bumper is worth pulling?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Well, let’s pretend it is one. What besides the seats, door card inserts, floor mats, owner’s manual, and front bumper is worth pulling?
Thats it, but thats not the point. The point is that these cars are getting hard to come by, and yet complete, not crashed examples are ending up in JY’s. Wish we could save them. The 855R I took grabbed parts from was another great example.

Value is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Thats it, but thats not the point. The point is that these cars are getting hard to come by, and yet complete, not crashed examples are ending up in JY’s. Wish we could save them. The 855R I took grabbed parts from was another great example.

Value is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
True, true. Too bad that once they're in the big chain places, they won't sell them back out.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hard to tell from just one photo but a fairly clean looking 1996 854 Turbo at the Pick-n-Pull in Hammond, IN.

Wasn't someone looking for one of these sunroof air deflector things?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I’ve been checking the Bay Area almost every day since I stumbled on this in the Oakland yard
I’ve also seen T5R’s P80 V70R’s.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I’ve been checking the Bay Area almost every day since I stumbled on this in the Oakland yard
I’ve also seen T5R’s P80 V70R’s.

Yeah.... me too. There was a nice, complete 99 V70R in Moss Landing 6 months ago. It was trashed by the time I got to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The So Cal LKQ's also get a few R's every now and then.

They're usually stripped pretty quickly though lol

I've also seen 3 manual 850's since June. I'm not in the area to check, but there's one in Oceanside that's been there for a month if anyone wants a manual swap.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts