SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Swapping the head units with other OEM units is very easy, Nora. If you want to have the capability to play CD's, you should totally do so.
Thanks Chicago_Wagon. That may be my next project.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
I went over on Saturday since I'm trying to find an odometer that's remotely close to 241k unlike the one in my car. The odo on this one was beyond 330k miles, unfortunately, but I got the SC-815 radio for a consolation prize, as someone had kindly written the anti-theft code right on the unit. Cost me $11 bucks and now I don't have to fiddle with the changer every time I want to pop in a CD. I'll call that a success.
you can manually spin the odometer to whatever mileage you need. I've done this in both of my 850s when I replaced the gears.

Thanks Chicago_Wagon. That may be my next project.

Nora in Florida
Nora I might have a SC-815 or two in stock. If you're interested let me know and I'll take a look.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
you can manually spin the odometer to whatever mileage you need. I've done this in both of my 850s when I replaced the gears.

Nora I might have a SC-815 or two in stock. If you're interested let me know and I'll take a look.
That’s good to know about the odometer. I think that’s what the Volvo technician did around 10 years ago when it stopped. I know now it has about 176,000. And I’m going to start keeping track, and eventually get it set correctly.

Sure that would be great if you could check on the SC-815. I remember I looked on eBay a couple of years ago, and didn’t find anything.

What I’ve been doing lately is playing music through a Bose speaker that I have attached to the parking brake. It’s nice that I can play music from my phone and SiriusXM, but I’m only getting the one speaker that way.

Nora in Florida

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Well, I was thinking I would make it over to pull some stuff off this one, but it doesn't look like I will and it's been a couple days now, so posting here. Maybe the OP want to change the thread title to Junk Yard 850's or something similar.

1997 855R Black/Black in LKQ Chicago South on 12/18

VIN - YV1LW5829V2290260

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
I never thought I would see a 850R with a TIC badge....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Unfortunately, even the R vehicles are becoming throw away vehicles to those that don't know, or care, about the significance of this car. So, it comes down to us keeping an eye out, and trying to keep the remainder of these cars that are salvageable/restorable out of the junk yards. This also includes 850 T5 vehicles in my eyes as well.
Trying to do my part...saved 4 this year-

Reactions: Helchemist850

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well, I was thinking I would make it over to pull some stuff off this one, but it doesn't look like I will and it's been a couple days now, so posting here. Maybe the OP want to change the thread title to Junk Yard 850's or something similar.

VIN - YV1LW5829V2290260
Robert DIY picked this one apart in his latest video.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

VIN - YV1LW5829V2290260
Dear Volvo god...I need those rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I’ve got one that came as a spare in my car...so I’d almost have a complete set!

Wait so driver side has 2 volans, what’s on the passenger side?

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
3 is better than 1!

Robert will probably be selling them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I’ve got one that came as a spare in my car...so I’d almost have a complete set!

Wait so driver side has 2 Volans, what’s on the passenger side?
A donut spare and a Perfo?

·
Registered
1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
122 Posts
Just curious guys what are the parts yards charging for a R bumper

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Just curious guys what are the parts yards charging for a R bumper
Chances of finding one in the yard yourself is extremely low. Street price on them is $200-300. Sometimes more if they're super clean.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
This T5-R arrived at a local JY last week. Hope there’s something left when I get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
This T5-R arrived at a local JY last week. Hope there’s something left when I get to it.

not a T-5R by VIN

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
not a T-5R by VIN
Yep.... thats how it looks. The 2.4 engine is an indicator also. We’ll see what it actually is today. This is the same lot that had the red 96 856R.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts