SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

First off, as I posted previously, I love my car. I kiss it multiple times a day. I bought xc40 T5 R Design/black /black. My daughter flew SAS from ORD, me, Boston. SAS as fairly comfy. Not the best premium eco I have flown but I appreciated the free tickets and the larger seats. I arrived Saturday, mid Summer day after and sat in the lobby at Clarion Post for 6 hours waiting for my room. I had asked for early check in and of course expected to pay but it didn't happen. Basically, I was at the desk every hour waiting for an update on my room. Walked around town a few times but nothing was open due to the holiday and I was fried from the flight. Eventually, around 2:30 PM, I was given a room but there was a major issue so had to move. Sadly, windows don't open at this hotel. I am a fresh air freak. Staff very nice, hotel, run down, if you really pay attention. Super comfy bedding and a quiet's night rest. I should preface this by saying I was in travel and tourism for 37 years.

Sunday, we took the tram and ferry to the islands. BEST decision. We loved Styrsö and Donsö. We walked miles, saw gorgeous vistas and had a lovely lunch at Cafe Isbologat. This was a memorable experience. If you have an op, go to the islands....quite amazing. We had dinner at Norda. To keep it short, it was an epic fail on too many levels to describe. I prefer forgetting the entire night.

Our ride to the factory was exciting. There I would meet the Volvo crew and my boyfriend who met us after his overnight flight. Our lunch was pleasant and the vibe was wonderful. The tour was the best part of our trip after the islands. Super informative and fun. Emile was our agent for our car rendezvous. Honestly, it was short and sweet. We went over the basics and took off.

We easily drove south to the Angelholm to a lovely Air BnB. It was a perfect 2 hour ride. The Skane area is delightful. Our cottage was in the woods surrounded by nature. We drove 15 min. to Helsingborg for dinner and drinks. Fria Bad and Bar on the water was so fun. Dinner was at Stillen and Makrillen, right on the water. A lovely fish meal and a chill vibe.

The next day, we drove to Malmo for coffee at Solde (amazing) and some vintage shopping. Parking was a pain in the butt. Definitely download parking apps as you will need them.

More later..the Copenhagen trip was amazing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Copenhagen update. The drive from Angelhom via Malmo was effortless. Once in the city, phew, traffic with bikes and navigation created a bit of a stress. Our first stop was chill vibe at La Banchina, an outdoor swimming area with great food and drinks. We did not swim but should have. The heat was on. Speaking of which, the entire 10 days revealed splendid weather The last day was chilly but sunny. Today, departure day, it was cool and rainy. Found a parking lot and hopped over to Steelhouse, our amazing luxury hostel. Highly recommend. The price was 300.00 or so per room for two nights. We chose private rooms with terraces. The rooms are tiny but clean and efficient. Staff are great. The hygge vibe was nice as well. I taught a Buti Yoga Pop Up one night which was fun. Our mission, coffee, dining and chill sites. We LOVED trying all of the Mikkeler brew pubs. Salma was a great restaurant choice. We loved St. Peder's Bakery as well. Anderson Maillard was THE best mocha latte of the trip and a must go to stop. We loved Cofoco for dinner. Lovely food and wine and a wonderful vibe. Service was flawless. Another cool coffee spot was Prologue. It is in a very cool area with lots of fun eateries and lots bars. Nearby is Fisketorvet, a fun spot to swim in the harbor and people watch. My bf swam, I did not. It was really a fun spot and a second day of very warm weather.

Copenhagen is great. Super friendly, beautiful city and a nice energy. We did rent bikes and it was a bit challenging. Cyclists in the city are fairly assertive and take their rights of way very seriously. Hand signals a must and an assertive and confident approach needed. This is not like cycling the Cape Cod trails. Prices are high for sure but we loved the experience.

Next stop was dropping my daughter off at CPH and then my BF and I heading up to Aarhus. We stopped along the way for lunch but made Aarhus in about 4 hours. The XC 40 was really lovely. It steered well and was the most comfortable ride of all of my cars. We averaged 27 MPG, if I recall, correctly. It was a leisurely eventless ride. We had booked an Air BnB on the outskirts. It was fairly priced and nice but it was not well ventilated and no AC so we were hot in the summer nights. We loved the Latin Quarter and LOVED La Cabra for coffee. The area has lovely shops, boutiques and old winding streets. Aros Museum was the highlight of our day. We were here for hours. The park adjacent was lovely as well. After two nights in Aarhus, we drove to Frederikshavn for the Stena Line ride to Gothenburg. We booked in advance and thoroughly enjoyed the 3 hour crossing. The boat is massive, much like a small cruise ship. Disembarking was a %$#@ show as all of the holiday makers were steering 2 wheelers full of cases of beer. Apparently the prices are killer cheap. Down below, our XC 40 faired well.

More on trip 3 later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts