SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Location - PLATWOOD PARK. DEEP RIVER, CT.
On route 80, off exit 5 on route 9, or exit 64 on I95.

Time - 5 p.m. to dusk

Everyone welcome. We have room for 40+. Rain date if needed, July 24. I'll post here by noon on the
17th if we need to postpone.

It is a great venue. Last month there were about 100 collector cars. Alex set a space up on the lawn for our group. We brought water and munchies to share. The cruise hosts also have a food wagon/grill going.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It looks like we could catch a break on the weather. The forecast for Tuesday is, sunny and mid-80's.
Hope to see some guys/cars that we haven't seen in a while.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice night!! We caught a break on the hot weather. It was 93 at home in Old Lyme about 3p.m.........
......I got over to Platwood Park at 5:30 Half a dozen Volvos beat me. It was a comfortable 86 with a nice breeze. Over the next hour, another five cars came. Everybody brought something, so we circled the chairs [in the shade] and enjoyed the food, and talked Volvo. We had a PV544, a P1800, a B122, a 780 Bertone, a number of 240 wagons, a 944 turbo, a C70, and C30.
......The Misfit Cruiser guys and gals had about 125 cars for the main cruise in, everything from '30's touring cars to Muscle cars, and some foreign.. We pooled our resourses and bought some 50/50 raffle tickets. We won the $190 prize and donated it back to the Misfit Cruisers. They run a great cruise night and have let us join in about a half dozen times over the last three years. That will help with their expenses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts