·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-- // --

·
Registered
15 Posts
A dealership near me is showing it has 2020 S60's in inventory, even though volvocars.com/us doesn't even show them yet. At least one rather well loaded 2019 Inscription is shown as like 8k off. Are we to guess these aren't selling perhaps?

Still really love something about the V60 and somehow have managed not to pull the trigger on anything else, after my disappointment that the 19s were never really available. (Overseas delivery was considered but not realistic for my schedule.) Perhaps the 2020s are actually being shipping in reasonable quantity...?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Are we to guess these aren't selling perhaps?
I think they are selling very well but Volvo needs to sell a ton of them as they are building 5,000 per month

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's definitely improved. I think sales will def trend even further up as word gets out. I did some research for perspective:

S60 YTD 2019: 8,430

3 series YTD 2019: 21,150

C class YTD 2019: 23,386

A4 YTD 2019 - 12,154

Every company has seen significant drops compared to YTD 2018 except Volvo.

It's also selling pretty well in Europe;

http://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2019-q1-premium-midsized-segment/#more-53648

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well that's good then. I'm still surprised actually see 2020's on the lot reportedly before the US website even has them listed.

(Crest, Dallas - actually Plano - TX)

·
Registered
846 Posts
That looks pretty good, looks like the incentives have gone up (they are regional though?) though anyone who is just off the street can't get A-plan right? With the Costco deal it was combined with getting A-plan pricing (no elite bonus though I beleive), but the dealers were free to discount beyond that and combine with the incentives. That's how I put my deal together. 10% off MSRP, then $2k regional incentive+$3k Costco on R-design.

If the incentives are $4k for the average joe and he doesn't need Costco now that gets you pretty close to the $5k possible with Costco and northeast incentives from last month. Looks like the A-plan really saves you from needing to negotiate, ~9% off before incentives on say the S60 T6 RD.

Doesn't look like there is some new fire sale this month to me. You always have that risk with leases though, you sign and could miss out on some new fantastic deal next month, or it could go the other way...

·
Registered
29 Posts
That looks pretty good, looks like the incentives have gone up (they are regional though?) though anyone who is just off the street can't get A-plan right? With the Costco deal it was combined with getting A-plan pricing (no elite bonus though I beleive), but the dealers were free to discount beyond that and combine with the incentives. That's how I put my deal together. 10% off MSRP, then $2k regional incentive+$3k Costco on R-design.

If the incentives are $4k for the average joe and he doesn't need Costco now that gets you pretty close to the $5k possible with Costco and northeast incentives from last month. Looks like the A-plan really saves you from needing to negotiate, ~9% off before incentives on say the S60 T6 RD.

Doesn't look like there is some new fire sale this month to me. You always have that risk with leases though, you sign and could miss out on some new fantastic deal next month, or it could go the other way...

Isnt A-plan strictly limited to 6%, with costco the mininum was at least 6% with the option to get a bigger discount from the dealer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Isnt A-plan strictly limited to 6%, with costco the mininum was at least 6% with the option to get a bigger discount from the dealer
You're correct.

This is a better deal for those that don't want to aggressively negotiate but a worse deal for those that do.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well that's good then. I'm still surprised actually see 2020's on the lot reportedly before the US website even has them listed.

(Crest, Dallas - actually Plano - TX)
Ahhh the first Bursting Blue S60's for the USA market finally starting to roll in! :partywave:

I would not be surprised if the online configurator is not updated with MY20 information for another two months...

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
It's definitely improved. I think sales will def trend even further up as word gets out. I did some research for perspective:

S60 YTD 2019: 8,430

3 series YTD 2019: 21,150

C class YTD 2019: 23,386

A4 YTD 2019 - 12,154

Every company has seen significant drops compared to YTD 2018 except Volvo.
The new model bump for the S60 accounts for a lot of the jump in sales over 2018. This car will be hard pressed to match the previous car's best years - 2012 and 2013 but it's a different time in the market.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this the new 2020 rdesign i thought only the inscription model got rear vents.
Euro Spec car

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
weird, maybe thats why it has 1445 miles on it, looks like they still passing it around for reviewers
All the reviews of RD I've seen is Euro Spec.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Euro Spec car

weird, maybe thats why it has 1445 miles on it, looks like they still passing it around for reviewers
Typical Volvo. this reminds of the motor trend comparison article where they couldn’t even follow simple instructions:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...ar-xe-lexus-is-200t-volvo-s60-comparison/amp/

If the Eurospec R design is obviously considered the best version of the S60 accordingly to Volvo, why screw over US buyers ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Euro Spec car

It’s a US spec car. Has the US lighting and instrument cluster set up.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s a US spec car. Has the US lighting and instrument cluster set up.
US spec doesn't have the 4-zone climate control.
This is just a whatever early build they gave to everyone to do reviews.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the market for an S60 T6 R-Design, but don't have a Costco membership. Could I buy a Costco membership this month and take advantage of these prices? And how do you become eligible for the A-Plan Elite bonus- is that the same as the Costco "Gold Star Executive" membership?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My T6 Inscription has 4 zone AC with rear vents. Is that just an attempt to provide some differentiation from the RD? Surprised they didn't do 4 zone for RD as well.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts