SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow, I just got an email from my dealer saying there's $10,500 in lease incentives. Not that I'm in need of an S60R, but that's quite a number. It doesn't look like it's for the V's...sorry. I might just have upgraded to an 06. My car is not feeling as stable at 40,000miles as it did new, even in Advanced.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (FineProperty)

Old news. Yes....it's a big lease incentive but only if you lease outside of VCF. Therefore, a lower residual and higher money factor offset by a large cap reduction. A great "try before you buy" opportunity but to the payment only lease shopper, not much difference versus VCF's higher residuals and lower money factor.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (MagoonR)

It's also a great way to get a $10.5k discount if you decide to purchase... go into the dealer for a lease, then pay off the lease bank with an auto loan from your credit union.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (liverichly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>liverichly</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's also a great way to get a $10.5k discount if you decide to purchase... go into the dealer for a lease, then pay off the lease bank with an auto loan from your credit union.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Except leases are not simple interest...at least the last one I did wasn't.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (MagoonR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MagoonR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Except leases are not simple interest...at least the last one I did wasn't.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No they are not.<br>Plus, you would be subject to early termination penalties.<br>Lease the R, turn it in at the end.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (VolvoMax)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>VolvoMax</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No they are not.<br>Plus, you would be subject to early termination penalties.<br>Lease the R, turn it in at the end.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Not always true about the penalties... I got my S60R on a whim, had no intention at the time... went to dealer to pick up my wife getting her XC90 serviced... went in to see salesman who sold us her car. I saw the R and said, "hmm" how much for a lease? Numbers were right, I turned in my leased Honda Pilot 13 months early and made $1000 on it... was 2 years old with 12k miles.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (nikhsub1)

According to <A HREF="http://www.carsdirect.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.carsdirect.com</A><p><br>CarsDirect Price<p><br>MSRP Price: $39,080 <br>Invoice Price:$37,062<br>Sales Price:$34,362<br>Manufacturer Rebates: ($2,000)<p><br>Net Cost: $32,362 for a base model right now. So that is a good place to start if you want to buy. $6,718 off MSRP.<p>Special Pricing Expires 07/31/06

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: July Lease incentive $10,500. (nikhsub1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>nikhsub1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not always true about the penalties... I got my S60R on a whim, had no intention at the time...I turned in my leased Honda Pilot 13 months early and made $1000 on it... was 2 years old with 12k miles.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You're talking about two different things here. The thought was to take advantage of the $10,500 lease incentive and pay it off right away and roll it into a purchase finance. This is where both Max and I agree that you'll be underwater on a payoff this early.<p>In your case, you sold out of a lease 2/3 of the way through so the balance had amortized down to a more reasonable amount. Since we don't know the specifics of the lease (ie. money down, residual, etc), this was merely a reflection of unloading a low mileage vehicle with good resale and a lower payoff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts