SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE NOTE!!!! This software is nothing you need to rush to the dealership for and is not something we do for free unless your vehicle is in for a maintenance or warranty repair.

I dont have much on specifics but a new update was released for July and it states the following:

■ Improvement of the AWD system's optimization.
■ Improvements of the engine control system's optimization.
■ Improvements to transmission system optimization.

If you have not had the May update, the May updates are included as well as I have posted previously.

AGAIN, I DO NOT HAVE SPECIFICS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PLEASE NOTE!!!! This software is nothing you need to rush to the dealership for and is not something we do for free unless your vehicle is in for a maintenance or warranty repair.

I dont have much on specifics but a new update was released for July and it states the following:

■ Improvement of the AWD system's optimization.
■ Improvements of the engine control system's optimization.
■ Improvements to transmission system optimization.

If you have not had the May update, the May updates are included as well as I have posted previously.

AGAIN, I DO NOT HAVE SPECIFICS.
Hi sorry for the dumb question my XC90 is in for a recall this week, what does SW stand for .

Regards
Mark

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
645 Posts
SW = SoftWare ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
When was this released? My car is in for warranty work and the annual maintenance right now; they are estimating Monday for completion.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is there a 'tell' that this update has been done (like the change in the start/stop icon for the May update)?

I'll be interested to hear just how the AWD and transmission have been optimized and whether drivers notice the differences.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 2019 T8. SW was updated to may version yesterday. But I still don't see a way to disable start/stop. What am I missing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I have 2019 T8. SW was updated to may version yesterday. But I still don't see a way to disable start/stop. What am I missing?

You have a T8 and why still worry about start/stop? Even when I am running in city with empty battery the engine starting is not annoying to me at all.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You have a T8 and why still worry about start/stop? Even when I am running in city with empty battery the engine starting is not annoying to me at all.
Agreed. Start stop is benign on the T8. It’s completely annoying on my dad’s MB CLA.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Why is there questions?!
Because this thread will be around for several weeks. At some point during July, I'd imagine you or others would learn the specifics of a July update. Some questions are for all readers, not just you.

You are under no obligation to reply.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Two things:

1. Gunshow already told everyone what is in the July update (see original Post). Generally Volvo does not give specific details on updates beyond what was given. Why you ask? Because if they say a specific issue was dealt with, half the world that did not experience that issue complain that they don't want it. Etcetera. Don't worry about it. Be Happy that Volvo pays enough attention to making these updates available.

2. If you have a T8 and you do not want to have the car behave as designed (hybrid mode/Electric mode) just sell it or? Otherwise, just put the engine mode into Power. That keeps the engine running pretty much all the time. I just don't get some of the questions people ask?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
There is usually only a "tell" the update has been done for the bi-annual (May and November) updates. At least that's the way it's been in the past. Other minor updates between those don't have major changes and Volvo doesn't provide the published detail of the changes like they do for the May and November ones.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I read the same brief in VIDA.

As Mr. Show said, there is no other information. (and thanks for passing along the heads up about the update btw! Useful for those of us who pay for short term VIDA licenses!)

For what it's worth, I did the update myself yesterday, it updated the climate control system, passenger and driver door modules, the ECU and the TCU (no AWD module updates, but I have P*, so it may be different from other cars?). It was a fairly small update overall though (~5 MB) and didn't touch the infotainment or dash in any way.

Haven't driven too much, and the first couple miles it's re-building it's fuel trim adaptations anyway, but so far... No noticeable differences.

I'll let everyone know if I notice anything new, but as it stands, definitely not worth running out to get the update.

Thabks again for the heads up though!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just came from the dealership. They updated to 31438124; not sure if that's the most recent update, but it definitely has the May update because I have that new stop/start icon on the dash.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I just came from the dealership. They updated to 31438124; not sure if that's the most recent update, but it definitely has the May update because I have that new stop/start icon on the dash.

It's as up to date as the day it was done.
The part number does not change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Run Down Battery /Software Update

Vehicle: 2015 XC60 T5
Issue: Run Down Battery /Software Update

My car exhibits signs of a low battery charge with slow engine cranking and occasional low battery warning message on dash. I have had it to the dealer and their diagnosis is battery has failed and needs replacement. Explanation is its worn out and at the end of it's service life. I feel I should get better life from the battery and should look for some causes for its premature failure.

Digging into the forum here I learned about the RDAR issue with constant pinging for wireless connection creating constant draw on battery. Also that that the problem has been addressed via a software upgrade and that identifying the version of software currently installed in the vehicle is pretty much a dealer only operation unless you have a scanner and know how to use it.

Question
Is it probable that I do not have current enough software upgrade which addresses the RDAR/voltage leak problem or should I be looking elsewhere for causes of battery deterioration?

This is a low use vehicle for us and its service hx since purchase has been
05/17-25K Volvo CPO inspection/service [pre-purchase]
12/17-30K Rear brake pad replacement
08/18-35K Oil Service
current-40k

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
645 Posts
I just got the July update yesterday. I did notice my climate control icon changed. It now shows the air delivery setting on the main screen now. That might be a way of visually verifying this latest update. It was not showing when I had the May update done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
This seems like the attitude is tough luck to the random owner unless you want to pay up. Everyone should be given the same access to these updates. This really rubs me the wrong way.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This seems like the attitude is tough luck to the random owner unless you want to pay up. Everyone should be given the same access to these updates. This really rubs me the wrong way.
Random owners still need to service their vehicles and getting service done at the dealership has the perk of free SW update..... OR you can pay the technician for his time to download the SW to your vehicle. VIDA and time is not free.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts