SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was cruisin with the wife the other day and got the wheels to spin which generally never happens. Today, I gave it some gas in Advanced with traction control off and the car spun but was moving. I do have new tires, I'm hoping they are just hard as a rock and easier to spin. In this weather I could never get the car to spin the tires being an 05 Auto. We'll see what's up soon, I'll have to jack up the car and see what happens. If it's workin then these are some real hard tires and/or perhaps the Hilton tune is shining through, lol.

Anyhow, just a pointless post. Had to share my (possible) pain!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If they're spinning, it's broken.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COME ON MAN! DON'T SAY THAT! You are supposed to tell me something like "you might be fine, take a look, jack up the car, etc." Not what you said! lol, kidding.

I just gave it 3/4 throttle and no spin. It also doesn't feel like torque steer either so who knows. On top of that, my IPD boost gauge light is messed up.

Of course, I did get a call from the local Volvo dealership today wanting to buy my Volvo "S60" car. I told him unless they over me 3x the value, I'm not selling, and "you aren't going to do that so thanks anyways". lol

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
An ice storm blew in and it was here and gone so fast that you didn't even notice it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, that could be it Andy!

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you can get the front wheels to spin in dry conditions, it's broken

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll start looking for used angle gears in the event the whole thing is screwed. Always wanted to just pick one up and reseal it for a quick and easy swap when mine died.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Its most likely your haldex unit and pump. You should have heard your angle gear failing if that was it. Jack your car up and put it in gear, if the driveshaft turns its your haldex or pump.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be doing that on Sunday. Hopefully it's nothing major $$ wise.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Let me know if you want to scan with VIDA. When my Haldex failed under warranty, I got the Anti-skid system needs service message.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
http://www.vivaperformance.com/awd-angle-gear-hardware-2/ AG spline is likely ok. If no codes should be gtg

edit* you'll just need 3-6hrs, an oxy torch and a kickass 5ton 3jaw claw puller. try not to nick and total your trans case there by the output shaft and buy fluids b4 you start the job!
This. It's most likely your collar sleeve. I launched on R-comp racing tires, with two people in the rear, at 5000 rpms, and it blew my collar sleeve, not the angle gear.

·
Registered
439 Posts
This. It's most likely your collar sleeve. I launched on R-comp racing tires, with two people in the rear, at 5000 rpms, and it blew my collar sleeve, not the angle gear.
Perfect example of how to break your collar sleeve. But if you dont launch your R then I think its the DEM

·
Registered
547 Posts
Perfect example of how to break your collar sleeve. But if you dont launch your R then I think its the DEM

Oh well. I laid the longest FWD burnout in history, so it was worth it

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks Andy, I may have to take you up on that at some point. Works been hell (usually our slow time) so it's been rough doing anything with the car. My anti-skid msg has shown up for the past four years... It'll pop up once every, oh I don't know, 5-6 months for like 2-3 days, then it's gone. Sometimes it's accompanied by the service chassis, sometimes not. Again, just goes away and everything is all good. Figured it was my battery until it happened once more after the battery change in January. No codes at the moment. I'm hoping to take it to my friends shop to get it on the lift. Naturally I can only find 2 of my jack stands. I think I know where the other two are, so I'm hoping to look into it on Sunday, otherwise I'll take it to the shop.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put the car on my buddy's lift. All 4 wheels spin in gear. Hopefully it's the pump. Thinking of getting Vida/Dice again, every time I look for one, from a reputable place (recommended from other members), they are sold out.

Andy, I may take you up on your offer.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Let me know... I can stop by your office on a Wednesday around lunch time.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you can, that'd be great. Any wed is fine with me. Hoping it's the pump!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Let's shoot for next week. Ping me when it gets closer so I don't forget!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts