SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced my 2nd glitch with the T8 today and got an official message in the instrument panel:

Parking Climate
Limited
Charge level too low

This is the explanation from the 2018 Owner's Manual: "The parking climate cannot be activated because the hybrid battery's charge level is too low to start the high-voltage coolant heater. Charge the battery."

Background
  1. I have Preconditioning programmed at the same time every day. I leave the charging cable connected all night long.
  2. I tried using the VOC app to add an earlier timer last night but it failed multiple times.
  3. This morning I successfully used the app to turn on the Parking Climate manually. It was running for less than 10 minutes when I disabled it by unplugging the charging cable and starting the vehicle to leave.
  4. Drove 2 minutes and made a short stop. When I returned to the car and opened the driver's door, the vehicle fan turned on as if parking climate was turned on. Car was not plugged in. Battery was still fully charged. This reminds me of Glitch #1 when the entertainment system turned on as soon as I opened the driver's door.
  5. Turned the start button to start the vehicle, fan stopped, error message appeared. Odometer = 1157 km.
  6. All of this happened before my regularly scheduled preconditioning timer (which I didn't disable).

I don't want to schedule an appointment for this.
Question #1: Will the error message eventually go away by itself or does it simply stay on the car status page until the dealer resets it?

I have noticed that when I enter the car while preconditioning is on, it continues even after the charging cable is disconnected and it stays on until I start the vehicle.
Question #2: Should I manually turn off the Parking Climate in the app first before getting in and starting the vehicle?

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
I don't have much to suggest. So the message is not accurate, I guess, as it was charged at night. Right? Hoe much is the hybrid battery level? I assume the 12V battery voltage is still good.

Do you know roughly when the charging was completed? And when is the earlier timer you tried to set to?

Rolling, Fusion Red XC60 T8

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I experienced my 2nd glitch with the T8 today and got an official message in the instrument panel:

Parking Climate
Limited
Charge level too low

This is the explanation from the 2018 Owner's Manual: "The parking climate cannot be activated because the hybrid battery's charge level is too low to start the high-voltage coolant heater. Charge the battery."

Background
  1. I have Preconditioning programmed at the same time every day. I leave the charging cable connected all night long.
  2. I tried using the VOC app to add an earlier timer last night but it failed multiple times.
  3. This morning I successfully used the app to turn on the Parking Climate manually. It was running for less than 10 minutes when I disabled it by unplugging the charging cable and starting the vehicle to leave.
  4. Drove 2 minutes and made a short stop. When I returned to the car and opened the driver's door, the vehicle fan turned on as if parking climate was turned on. Car was not plugged in. Battery was still fully charged. This reminds me of Glitch #1 when the entertainment system turned on as soon as I opened the driver's door.
  5. Turned the start button to start the vehicle, fan stopped, error message appeared. Odometer = 1157 km.
  6. All of this happened before my regularly scheduled preconditioning timer (which I didn't disable).

I don't want to schedule an appointment for this.
Question #1: Will the error message eventually go away by itself or does it simply stay on the car status page until the dealer resets it?

I have noticed that when I enter the car while preconditioning is on, it continues even after the charging cable is disconnected and it stays on until I start the vehicle.
Question #2: Should I manually turn off the Parking Climate in the app first before getting in and starting the vehicle?
The error message will go away automatically. You do not need to stop preconditioning manually before driving. Only reason to stop preconditioning is if you want to actually cancel it to save energy.

As for why you got your message, how close was the other scheduled timer to the actual time? I ask because scheduled preconditioning uses the set time as the time you want to leave and for which the vehicle will attempt to start warming up ten to fifteen minutes before that time. So if this was just a little bit before the timer's set time, it could very well be a legitimate message which indicates that you weren't plugged in. And, yes, the way the message is worded does not properly convey that. It should just say that it happened because the charging cable wasn't connected. The "charge level too low" message should be reserved for when you are plugged in but the battery is actually too low.

As for setting timers via VOC app, I experience about a 60 to 70% success rate at setting timers that way. I'm not sure why but it is the only unreliable VOC function. Manual preconditioning, remote start, lock/unlock, etc. all work with 95% success. Probably closer to 99%. But not setting or deleting timers. I frequently have to try multiple times to get one set.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The timing was all very close together so that makes sense that things could have been garbled. Normally, when the app worked for me in the past, I would disable any duplicate or overlapping/consecutive timers to avoid conflict.

The preset time was 7:30am and I was wanting to leave at 7:20 so I manually turned it on at 7:15 and was out the door probably at 7:22.

I'm glad the message disappears by itself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.