SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just joined and it's an exciting week for me. I'm picking up a 2011 V60 T6 this week which is my first Volvo and also my first car with any performance worth discussing! I went through years of motorbikes, mainly Ducati, but after a moron blew through a stop sign and t-boned my wife and daughters 2 weeks ago, I'm feeling incredibly compelled to buy a Volvo! That wrote the Mazda 6 off, but luckily no one was seriously injured. So, having driven the T5, I'm fairly confident that the T6 will be a nice intersection of fun to drive and safe for the family. The car that i'm intending to pick up this week is in good tidy order, but it has exhibited one little bit of weirdness, in that the reversing camera started flickering the other day after the car was out in the hot sun for a day. It's running normally again now, so the Volvo dealer suggested it might have just been heat-related? The image doesn't turn right off, it just flickers. And the screen is otherwise perfect in every other mode, so it's definitely the camera or camera circuit. Sound familiar to anyone? thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a technical journal for this problem. It states that the wiring harness for the camera needs replacing. Had this exact problem and it was repaired with the harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome. thank you both for the responses. much appreciated. I guess i'll weigh up how much it bothers me/my wife and look into the wiring harness if its frustrating! thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts