SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Volvo friends, my 2008 S80 V8 has a weird issue. When turning out into traffic at full throttle the car loses all power for a brief moment after shifting into second gear. It is very abrupt and jerks your neck. After about half a second of no power, it all comes back on like nothing ever happened. This happens regardless weather or not DSTC is on or off and I’m running 93 octane gas. So far I’ve tried to fix this issue with new Volvo spark plugs, a fresh oil change, new transmission fluid, angle gear fluid, Haldex fluid and filter and rear diff fluid but nothing has helped. There are no codes stored and I’ve checked with VDash and VIDA and the car drives fine otherwise. Any suggestions are welcome!
Thanks,
Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I have/had jerky shifting. I changed the motor mounts and got rid of most of the issue. I still get it occasionally when I am in traffic, usually on a slightly curved road at about 25 mph when I slow down, then give it gas. I notice the transmission, not the motor. Your issue may be different.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does it seem like you hit the rev limiter? If your trans is worn or needs some work you may hit the limiter between shifts. I had a w124 mercedes that did that until I serviced the trans.

Greg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it seem like you hit the rev limiter? If your trans is worn or needs some work you may hit the limiter between shifts. I had a w124 mercedes that did that until I serviced the trans.

Greg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
No, the jerking happens around 4500-5500 RPM.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts