SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My jeans have started to make blue-ish marks on my seats (Inscription Amber nappa perforated seats), does anyone have a suggestion for a good leather cleaner that would be appropriate (and wont leave any unpleasant marks)?

Thank you!

·
Registered
962 Posts
this is typically referred to as denim transfer. this is common on all lighter leather interiors. (also other non-automotive leather products. anyone on here with a wife or gf who loves handbags can tell you it's more common on handbags/purses than car seats and more difficult to remove.) the problem lies in not protecting the leather to begin with but since you are past that the proper course of action is to remove, repair and protect. before you use any product test a small area to avoid creating more damage. not all leather is the same and not all product work the same on every type of leather.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I noticed this on the tester that I drove at the dealership. I was totally going to go for the amber leather , as it looks great in photos and in person when it's brand new, but I saw all these marks on the test vehicle seats, so I ordered black instead.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Products such as CQuartz Leather or Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl will protect against this pretty effectively.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The discoloration comes off surprisingly quickly with a leather cleaner. Basically a one swipe process.
Agree with this. The problem is it comes back and you have to keep cleaning it regularly. I also have the Inscription Amber. Hey, at least it's better than blonde (the denim transfer has to be worse there)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've used Zaino leather cleaner followed by their leather conditioner. It takes everything out and leaves the leather feeling nice (not greasy), and my car smells like a leather factory. I've tried plenty of other stuff, this was the best. I also use it on shoes and other stuff around the house.

It will take that Jean discoloration right off - this happened in our ML 350.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found a good trick, believe it or not is to use a magic eraser. I read about that technique in a Swedish motoring magazine. It is very gentle, gives a good deep clean and it also is good at removing the shiny patina that leathet gets from too much skin contact. I didnt believe it at first but it worked very well and leather looks like new again. I have never had an leather discoloration or damage occur. I used it on my previous xc60 and was able to keep the leather looking almost as good as the day I bought it for 4.5 yrs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've used Zaino leather cleaner followed by their leather conditioner. It takes everything out and leaves the leather feeling nice (not greasy), and my car smells like a leather factory. I've tried plenty of other stuff, this was the best. I also use it on shoes and other stuff around the house.

It will take that Jean discoloration right off - this happened in our ML 350.

I use the same

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey all,

My jeans have started to make blue-ish marks on my seats (Inscription Amber nappa perforated seats), does anyone have a suggestion for a good leather cleaner that would be appropriate (and wont leave any unpleasant marks)?

Thank you!
Check your glove box or rear storage area. I do know that Blonde interior cars have a leather protection and cleaning wipe kit included, I am not sure about the amber interiors. The Volvo leather care cleaning and protection kit is designed to work well with the Volvo leather interiors. You can find it at any Volvo dealer. It definitely removes denim stains from the light leather interiors (personal experience as I have always had blonde leather interiors on my Volvos).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just used Griots interior cleaner followed by their 3 in 1 leather care to add some protection. Worked great on our blond interior. The cleaner even worked wonders on our blond rubber floor mats, which are a nightmare to keep clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here in Dallas, I am seeing a lot of XC90's with blond interior on the lots.
They seem to not be selling as well as the darker interiors...

I have 3 teenagers, is a blond interior do-able with older kids? We *should* be out of
the messy stage, but they do like to snack and drink....TIA!

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Hey all,

Thank you!
If you are diligent most any interior cleaner will do on time periods of say 6 months or so. Leather creates micro creases, so it is advisable to use clean micro fiber cloths. I had my amber nappa coated with Opti-Pro, and I can say that two wipes with a micro-fiber and any interior cleaner takes all that denim transfer clean off. Modern leather applications are poly-coated, it doesn't take much at all to clean them if you keep a good surface by cleaning often, or coat to make it even easier.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would apply such coating products not turn the nice and soft leather into plastic-feeling seats? Volvo advises not to apply protective coating on the paint. Do they say anything about coating seats?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Would apply such coating products not turn the nice and soft leather into plastic-feeling seats? Volvo advises not to apply protective coating on the paint. Do they say anything about coating seats?
Volvo does produce an approved cleaning and protection leather kit that preserves the feeling of the leather.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They actually say that the seats are already coated.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I've posted this quite a few time but I applied this product the same day I bought my vehicle and have noticed no odd feel to the leather. It makes clean-up of things like jean dye transfer a snap. Just a microfiber and mist of an interior cleaner, some wiping, and out comes the discoloration easily. I applied it to all leather surfaces, including seats, dash, leather door uppers, leather door arm rests etc, etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here in Dallas, I am seeing a lot of XC90's with blond interior on the lots.
They seem to not be selling as well as the darker interiors...
Actually dealer tend to carry their inventory in the most popular combinations. If you see a lot of blond interiors in Dallas, that would be because it is very popular there!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Actually dealer tend to carry their inventory in the most popular combinations. If you see a lot of blond interiors in Dallas, that would be because it is very popular there!
Really hot summers will definitely sell a lot of light interiors.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts