SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever take your T8 to the store or mall or venue and see those annoying Tesla 'Destination Chargers' and think damn, how lame is that, why can't *I* plug in and save the planet a little too...well you can!

The JDapter by Quickchargepower.com basically does exactly what it says on the tin, use it to adapt a Tesla Destination Charger plug to SAE J1772 and plug in your Volvo T8 for a nice quick charge while you're getting lunch or shopping or wine tasting or whatever...and Destination Chargers do show up on PlugShare.com, so they are quite easy to find.
My only real complaint would be the price, it will rarely if ever really be cost-effective at $239. Maybe with time and more orders they'll work on bringing it down, but until then it still feels good to patronize green retailers and put a few more EV miles between me and my next stop at a gas station.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Most charge station here is J-1772 though. Not sure how popular is Tesla Destination charge station.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's an interesting option. As I understand it, as long as the owner of the location doesn't mind, it's perfectly legal for other cars to use these "Tesla only" chargers. But $239 for the adapter is pretty high for something I might onlly use once in a while.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ever take your T8 to the store or mall or venue and see those annoying Tesla 'Destination Chargers' and think damn, how lame is that, why can't *I* plug in and save the planet a little too...well you can!

impressive set of blocky tires.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suppose I should have included another key reason to get one of these...if somewhere you frequent has primo parking spots with Destination Chargers, sure is nice to be able to plug in! Our favorite winery up in Napa has such a spot, and during busy wine club events when the parking lot is packed, it's just about priceless to roll through the chaos and park up front. :partywave:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You might ask at hotels if they have the adapter for guests to borrow.

Our favorite spot on the Oregon coast lets us "check it out" whenever we spend the night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts