SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1525 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
dw300 is only needed when e85 is considered or 500+ whp

500whp at 30psi boost with gasoline requires 210lph @ 73.5 fuel pressure - thats within 5lph of what a dw200 can do

direct wire kit is just a smart move - you dont 'need' it but you can measure the drop yourself with a multimeter to justify it... its another $39... its one of those 'while your in there'

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,503 ·
You inspired me to do the same with a walbro and housing I had laying around. Where is the check valve (that keeps pressure to the rail) on these set ups ? Is it built into the pump ? Not seeing any external valve on my 99 and 00 P80's.
I think it's in the pump.

also - nice garage!
Thanks Greg! Lots more in store for it too.

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,504 ·
Car wasn't stopping very well since cruising around the mountains earlier this year so I put on some fresh pads and rotors.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Switched from Hawk to EBC yellow. Some of you may recall I actually tried these pads a couple years ago and took them back out on my way to discovering I had a rotor that wasn't playing nice. Well this time around I discover I have a semi-seized caliper on that corner so I'll need to address that later. But the pads are better this time and are grippy enough to break the zLines free. You can see how badly glazed the Hawks were. We shall see if the EBC pads do the same thing. I will have to do some comparison testing between these and the Hawks, since both of my dad's cars have Hawks currently.

Statue Sculpture Art Metal Gas

Was down to 2 gallons of gas so I dropped in the DW200.
Tire White Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Also discovered XC90 cargo mat is a decent fit for covering up the seat backs when the seats are folded down. Much better than nothing.
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Dismantled the "legally temporary building" that was constructed so long ago to put this car back together after the collision with the deer. Turns out I was correct in my forecast that it would be up until we moved. Definitely got my $350 worth out of this thing.
Plant Property Tree Building Wood

Easy to move once it is in pieces. I will rebuild at the new facility but hopefully it will be an actual greenhouse this time.
Plant Property Building Tree Window

·
Registered
666 Posts
Also discovered XC90 cargo mat is a decent fit for covering up the seat backs when the seats are folded down. Much better than nothing.
Oooo I like that. Does it line up well with the 850 cargo mat in there too? I might have to snag one of each to get full coverage back there.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Love the greenhouse idea. The frame on that thing is beautiful!
Ribs on a hull.

One of my fantasies is to sell everything I own, pack my cherished items into the wagon and drive to Maine and take an internship that pays sh!t to learn from a Master craftsman how to hand craft wood vessels.

Is that weird? 🤪

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,509 ·
Oooo I like that. Does it line up well with the 850 cargo mat in there too? I might have to snag one of each to get full coverage back there.
It overlaps. I'm actually running a V70XC cargo mat upside down in the main cargo area since my sub and CD changer compartment interfere with a regular P80 cargo mat.

What cross bars are you using? Genuine Volvo or aftermarket?
Genuine Volvo. Haven't used them yet as part of the moving operation but I'm sure I will at some point.

Love the greenhouse idea. The frame on that thing is beautiful!
Ribs on a hull.
Thanks Wayne. This is a very traditional construction method for boathouses. I actually know someone up there who has a very similar building he works on his car in. He also has a few boats.
I'd always envisioned that this would become a greenhouse in the future so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it's up for next spring. Definitely needs some repair after being up for over 5 years.

One of my fantasies is to sell everything I own, pack my cherished items into the wagon and drive to Maine and take an internship that pays sh!t to learn from a Master craftsman how to hand craft wood vessels.

Is that weird? 🤪

Not weird; my dad was going to do that until he found out it didn't pay shiit. I've been working on wooden boats for longer than I've known how a spark plug works but, like working on cars, I like it more as a hobby than a day job.

This is where the kids these days go to live out your fantasy. The ones who are really good and also understand business end up making big names for themselves in the industry.

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,510 ·
Help I lost my car in the parking lot.

Good to see some of the New England yellow crew again (of course including @ckmack), and glad that Swedish Car Day is back to help facilitate it.

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Nice to see all those yellows together.

Man, you guys could use some rain - saw a story the other day about how bad it's been in the NE this summer.

Reactions: JaredR and ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,515 ·
Nice to see all those yellows together.

Man, you guys could use some rain - saw a story the other day about how bad it's been in the NE this summer.
It has been very dry here, especially in the areas subject to urban climate areas. This summer the only rain we have gotten is from thunderstorms, but the heat island of Boston breaks them all up as they enter the metro area. My current neighborhood, being east of Boston, is subject to this, and the grass looks just as dead as it does in Brookline. Our new house is not subject to the impacts of the heat island on thunderstorms and, while it's also very dry, there are still considerable areas of green grass.

Was that at the museum in Brookline?
Yes

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,516 ·
πk
Vehicle Gauge Car Speedometer Odometer

·
Registered
'05 V50 T5 M66, '04 XC70, '98 V70 AWD, various junk from other brands
735 Posts
Reactions: mattj456

·
Registered
134 Posts
It has been very dry here, especially in the areas subject to urban climate areas. This summer the only rain we have gotten is from thunderstorms, but the heat island of Boston breaks them all up as they enter the metro area. My current neighborhood, being east of Boston, is subject to this, and the grass looks just as dead as it does in Brookline. Our new house is not subject to the impacts of the heat island on thunderstorms and, while it's also very dry, there are still considerable areas of green grass.

Yes
If you wanted to see rain you should have come to the VCOA national meet last weekend. It rained from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm. The meet was great, but attendance was certainly lowered due to the weather.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,519 ·
1501 - 1520 of 1525 Posts