·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,484 ·

·
Registered
19,878 Posts
Good for you!!
Just make sure you leave space for your mom. ;)
Yes, that is the upgrade :cool:

No ceramic coatings for this car!!

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,486 ·
Good for you!!
Just make sure you leave space for your mom. ;)
She is just glad (as am I) that there will be enough space for there not to be Volvo parts in the house anymore. Once I make the attic functional, everything, with the possible exception of the wheel collection, will be contained to the footprint of the garage.

Not that I don't have a good amount of Volvo related parts, but I am realizing over the course of this move that I don't really have THAT much stuff, it's just so horribly organized at our current facility that it seems like I do. I've moved half the wheel and most of the interior collection to the new facility already and it is barely making a dent in the space.

·
Registered
15,889 Posts
Good luck on the move @JaredR!

Great opportunity to organize/rationalize/pitch a lot of stuff!

Reactions: JaredR and ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,488 ·
Threw in a new wheel bearing. I think it got damaged somehow in the axle replacement a couple months ago. Amazing how much less time I spent on this than I spent chasing rattles in my dad's tailgate today LOL

Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Rim Bicycle part

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,489 · (Edited)
maxed out my cargo area
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk Automotive tire

Saw 100°F while actually driving for the first time ever but was unable to safely capture so this will have to do
Vehicle Gauge Speedometer Odometer Car

woohoo indoor parking space
Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
345 Posts
This issue just dropped, thought you might find it of interest for some reason 😆

Great magazine, btw….I have never seen a print copy, but I discovered it with some other digital issues I get. The Brits always do the best ones.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,491 ·
This issue just dropped, thought you might find it of interest for some reason 😆

Great magazine, btw….I have never seen a print copy, but I discovered it with some other digital issues I get. The Brits always do the best ones.

View attachment 162334
Nice, the P80 market just keeps on 📈

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,492 · (Edited)
Fuel pump relay potentially exhibiting signs of wear so I dropped a DW200 into an extra fuel pump carrier. I just put in a fresh tank of gas so I'll plan to replace the pump at the end of this tank, but wanted to have a fresh pump on board so I can fix it in the field in case of emergency. I already carry 2 spare relays with me.
Material property Technology Electronic device Kitchen utensil Everyday carry

Love how easy this install is
Gas Cylinder Auto part Metal Machine

Don't even need any of the DW install kit.
Hand Drinkware Gas Audio equipment Human leg

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,494 ·
Have you upgraded (increased wire size )the wire to the pump to avoid voltage drop under load? I still need to do mine, but it's supposed to be a must do.
Haven't done it in either of my 850s. The hypothesis says that should be a problem with the DW300 in my R but my AFRs are rock solid under load. Now that you mention it I remember hearing about it somewhere but I completely forgot after not having any issues on the stock harness.

Some of this stuff I have to wonder if it's actually an issue or if a legend was born out of someone's super broken car.

·
Registered
2004 V70R M66 | 2013 C30 M66 | 1996 855 AW42
518 Posts
Does the stock 850 pump assembly use rubber fuel line? I can't remember, I always prefer to use the plastic hard line with oteiker clamps a la P2

I doubt kinking would be an issue with the design of the 850 sender, but definitely is a problem on P2

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Haven't done it in either of my 850s. The hypothesis says that should be a problem with the DW300 in my R but my AFRs are rock solid under load. Now that you mention it I remember hearing about it somewhere but I completely forgot after not having any issues on the stock harness.

Some of this stuff I have to wonder if it's actually an issue or if a legend was born out of someone's super broken car.
Aaron at VAST is the one that told me I needed to do it because my fuel was dropping off under high load. I'm running the DW200. I haven't done it yet, but hope to soon so Aaron can finish my tune.

Does the stock 850 pump assembly use rubber fuel line? I can't remember, I always prefer to use the plastic hard line with oteiker clamps a la P2

I doubt kinking would be an issue with the design of the 850 sender, but definitely is a problem on P2
It actually uses all three plastic, rubber and metal.

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,497 ·
Everything you see in the picture is factory Volvo except the pump and the oetiker clamp. The line from the pump to the top of the insert is rubber.

Aaron at VAST is the one that told me I needed to do it because my fuel was dropping off under high load. I'm running the DW200. I haven't done it yet, but hope to soon so Aaron can finish my tune.
Interesting; I have received no such feedback from him about my R, but I'm also running a DW300 in that car because I was concerned the DW200 may not be adequate. Aaron actually recommended a DW200 for that car as he was concerned the DW300 would overload the stock pressure regulator, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for me or the other P80s that I've heard of DW300s being installed in.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Fuel pump relay potentially exhibiting signs of wear so I dropped a DW200 into an extra fuel pump carrier. I just put in a fresh tank of gas so I'll plan to replace the pump at the end of this tank, but wanted to have a fresh pump on board so I can fix it in the field in case of emergency. I already carry 2 spare relays with me.
View attachment 162382

Love how easy this install is
View attachment 162383

Don't even need any of the DW install kit.
View attachment 162384
You inspired me to do the same with a walbro and housing I had laying around. Where is the check valve (that keeps pressure to the rail) on these set ups ? Is it built into the pump ? Not seeing any external valve on my 99 and 00 P80's.

1481 - 1500 of 1509 Posts