SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
100k miles. Needs an immobilizer issue resolved and obviously the standard upgrades and then it should be epic.

·
Registered
12,915 Posts
Congrats, I had that same car (year, color combo) several years ago.

·
Registered
16,788 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Looks nice! Just waiting on the fun parts now.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was waiting for this thread to start. Nice car. What you gonna do with door panels?
These wheels are great example of what happens when you don't care about the brakes and wheels.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol chances she'd ever notice approximately 0%

I was waiting for this thread to start. Nice car. What you gonna do with door panels?
These wheels are great example of what happens when you don't care about the brakes and wheels.

Yeah and they feel like they're all bent too so those gotta go. Plan is to use them to scrap the 04 on. This car will be getting Perfo wrapped in zLine AS. And 302s.

·
Registered
15,988 Posts
LOL. I'd bet a dollar on that and I've never met her.
Lol chances she'd ever notice approximately 0%
:thumbup: zLine AS.
I don't like Perfos as much as everyone else. Why not something a little better but still cheap?
This car will be getting Perfo wrapped in zLine AS.

·
Registered
16,788 Posts

I don't like Perfos as much as everyone else. Why not something a little better but still cheap?
In stock aka free. More importantly strong and clear 302s.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

In stock aka free. More importantly strong and clear 302s.
Exactly. Not buying anything more than necessary for this thing. There's too much junk sitting around and it needs to be put to use or disposed of.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just picked up a pewter S70 myself from Bobby. Black interior and I have some plans to make it fun. We're gonna have to get them together.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just picked up a pewter S70 myself from Bobby. Black interior and I have some plans to make it fun. We're gonna have to get them together.
We almost bought that one but I really wanted to stay 99+ for anything that is not intended as a toy.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
899 Posts
We almost bought that one but I really wanted to stay 99+ for anything that is not intended as a toy.
So, so smart - but you know that more than most. For other followers like me with not nearly that knowledge, pay heed; the ‘98 S70 project I picked up last summer for $500 is a bigger PITA because of the MY. Can’t even clear the SRI.

BD

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So, so smart - but you know that more than most. For other followers like me with not nearly that knowledge, pay heed; the ‘98 S70 project I picked up last summer for $500 is a bigger PITA because of the MY. Can’t even clear the SRI.

BD
Nothing wrong with -98 as a toy car or if it has been well cared for its entire life. But I wouldn't want to mess with one, especially bringing it back from the dead, unless it was something special. I mean look at my T-5R.....296k and it is my preferred GT car because I trust it more than anything else in the fleet to not have some stupid problem at any given point in time. My S60 definitely reinforced that feeling last weekend lol. But my T-5R has been owned its entire life by people who have had a clue.

If I knew when I started my 850R project what I know now, I would have realized that a 99-00 V70R in a premium color was the right platform for that project, not a 850R. I knew I didn't want AWD but didn't know then that it would take more effort to fight the shortcomings of a M4.3 car than it would have taken to delete the AWD.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Let's dial up a constructive day:

Now that we're not hungry, let's find out what we bought:

Low miles! Lol. Whatever.

Ok seriously who puts a sticker here. Like come on. Are you trying to get rear ended?

Luckily it came off easily.

Oh dear. This is going to need some major cleanup.

Amazing how much you can get done in 3 hours when you have two people who know what they're doing.

Have we made a big enough mess of the yard yet?

Ooh clean things. Magic erasers FTW.

Paint needs some help. This doesn't need to be and won't be to the level of my projects but I am still probably going to see how it'll polish out once the 850R is out of the way. I won't work on paint outside at this point.

Upon closer inspection, this mismatched area has been painted. Makes sense given that we knew the port side doors were both replaced.

There is some damage to the base of the B pillar. Seems to be fairly isolated and the car drives straight so not a major concern.

More clean things :thumbup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I hope thats coffee stain on the carpets and not "Irritable Bowel Syndrome" Why is Dad washing the hull of the red boat when there is plenty of Volvo stuff to do. Ha, JK, great job on the level of detailing. Even pulling the climate control and stereo knobs for a thorough cleaning. Are you gonna swap wheels or is Mom good with the current set up ?

1 - 20 of 249 Posts