SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

441 - 457 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
So your car came with the upgraded HU-850 and amplifier, but without the premium speakers?

I'm thinking of replacing my HU-650 with an HU-850. Would you consider adding the center channel worth it? I also have a PA300 amp + harness that's waiting to be installed and a good friend is trading me his HU-850 out of his 07R for an old drill press I have. Any of your other P2 cars have the HU-650 with standard speakers that you can compare the 2 sound wise?

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Doesn't mean he doesn't have premium.
I think the center channel is optional. I do wonder what a full one would sound like but the smaller version in the nav unit sounds pretty nice compared to none. It's not apples to apples because our s60 (cabin) has no center, no premium and my VR had center and 850 and it sound a LOT better. I haven't had the speakers out in our s60 but they sound pretty damn good compared to the 99v70 and the 98 C-RV we had (leaps). I wonder if they're the blue (if that's a thing - thought it was white, blue, yellow label on back, in terms of quality).

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Doesn't mean he doesn't have premium.
I think the center channel is optional. I do wonder what a full one would sound like but the smaller version in the nav unit sounds pretty nice compared to none. It's not apples to apples because our s60 (cabin) has no center, no premium and my VR had center and 850 and it sound a LOT better. I haven't had the speakers out in our s60 but they sound pretty damn good compared to the 99v70 and the 98 C-RV we had (leaps). I wonder if they're the blue (if that's a thing - thought it was white, blue, yellow label on back, in terms of quality).
That's correct, there's 3 speaker levels... Standard, high power and premium. I think they go hand in hand with the 2 different amp options between the P200 and P300... I could totally be wrong on that though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Thanks, Marty!
That's correct, there's 3 speaker levels... Standard, high power and premium. I think they go hand in hand with the 2 different amp options between the P200 and P300... I could totally be wrong on that though.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
Makes sense.

I'm going for the maximum results for minimum effort/cost. Went through a whole rewire and custom everything for my truck and really don't want to rip into the Volvo the same way. Maybe it makes the most sense to try and source a set of the premium speakers front, rear, and center to pair with the HU-850 and center channel.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
So your car came with the upgraded HU-850 and amplifier, but without the premium speakers?

I'm thinking of replacing my HU-650 with an HU-850. Would you consider adding the center channel worth it? I also have a PA300 amp + harness that's waiting to be installed and a good friend is trading me his HU-850 out of his 07R for an old drill press I have. Any of your other P2 cars have the HU-650 with standard speakers that you can compare the 2 sound wise?
My S60 was built with premium audio. The center channel is key; Pro Logic doesn't really work without it. Factory premium audio is definitely the best value for these cars.

My mom's 04 V70 had base audio and a couple of friends have XC70s they haven't upgraded their audio in yet. It's not good.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
Got keyed at the JY a couple days ago. Not sure if it was the asshole anti-masker trying to pick fights in the office over the mask requirement (oh yeah, it was like a 120 lb woman wearing a sundress who didn't look like a crackhead....not every day you see a woman at the JY nevermind one in a sundress getting in people's faces I guess I can add that to my list of life experiences lol) or the dude who rolled in a couple minutes after me and was sitting there revving his engine while watching me unload my tools. No idea what his deal was. Guess it's time to start parking in the farthest possible spot again. Apparently I'm getting too lazy.

Anyway, most of it was gone within 10 minutes of getting home. The dent in the middle was existing.

Driving around in a scratched up car obviously isn't gonna work though. I'll probably replace this door eventually now that it's dented AND scratched, but $15 for the 452 touch up kit seemed like an excellent investment in the meantime.

It looks blue before it is applied but a test piece proved it is indeed 452.

Base on

Clear on. So far so good. It already isn't really noticeable from more than a carlength or two away. I'll be very interested to see how it looks after I polish it out but I have to let the clear dry for 48hr first.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Got keyed at the JY a couple days ago. Not sure if it was the asshole anti-masker trying to pick fights in the office over the mask requirement (oh yeah, it was like a 120 lb woman wearing a sundress who didn't look like a crackhead....not every day you see a woman at the JY nevermind one in a sundress getting in people's faces I guess I can add that to my list of life experiences lol) or the dude who rolled in a couple minutes after me and was sitting there revving his engine while watching me unload my tools. No idea what his deal was. Guess it's time to start parking in the farthest possible spot again. Apparently I'm getting too lazy.

View attachment 127816

Anyway, most of it was gone within 10 minutes of getting home. The dent in the middle was existing.

View attachment 127817

Driving around in a scratched up car obviously isn't gonna work though. I'll probably replace this door eventually now that it's dented AND scratched, but $15 for the 452 touch up kit seemed like an excellent investment in the meantime.

It looks blue before it is applied but a test piece proved it is indeed 452.

View attachment 127818

Base on

View attachment 127819

Clear on. So far so good. It already isn't really noticeable from more than a carlength or two away. I'll be very interested to see how it looks after I polish it out but I have to let the clear dry for 48hr first.
View attachment 127820
That looks like someone rubbed something up against your car. Like a part. Good job cleaning it up. You still have a mask requirement up there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The Volvo touch up paint is water based, hence a bit blue looking when wet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JaredR

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
That sucks dude! Glad you were able to get much of it out!

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
I guess it could have been worse. This black P2 S60 seems to have been the recipient of some major aggression!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
That looks like someone rubbed something up against your car. Like a part. Good job cleaning it up. You still have a mask requirement up there?
Yeah it's such a weird pattern, I can't figure out wtf they used, either. But there was a tree between me and the next car on that side so I find it hard to believe it wasn't intentional.

Is the frost jacked up on stands or is the 855R THAT much lower?
The driveway isn't flat. The H&R only lower the R like an inch.

I guess it could have been worse. This black P2 S60 seems to have been the recipient of some major aggression!
Honestly I would have rather they smashed my glass; already need a new windshield and I have laminated glass waiting to go in the doors if I ever get around to it. But this was also a reminder that I need to install my lam glass lol.

·
Registered
13,479 Posts
Well, you seem to have a good attitude about it and all. If it were my car I'd be so incensed I wouldn't be able to type.

That and you have the skills to fix it.

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
Well, you seem to have a good attitude about it and all. If it were my car I'd be so incensed I wouldn't be able to type.

That and you have the skills to fix it.
Oh I'd be way more upset if this was either of the 850s. But this is why I have a daily and I know where there are at least 3 sapphire S60 parts cars so 🤷‍♂️.

Got started polishing it out today. Doesn't look amazing at the top. I think I need to add more paint. It starts to get visible around 15ft away and I'd like to see if I can get that down to maybe 5.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Jared there is a 452 black sapphire S60 in Waterbury but its a 2004 model beltline molding would need R&R. Was a 2007 one in Tolland @ Bill's but don't see it anymore.

There is a 2009 452 S60 in northern NJ and do get down that way often lately.

Only reason I know this is still looking for a really nice black stone hood code 019.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
Jared there is a 452 black sapphire S60 in Waterbury but its a 2004 model beltline molding would need R&R. Was a 2007 one in Tolland @ Bill's but don't see it anymore.

There is a 2009 452 S60 in northern NJ and do get down that way often lately.

Only reason I know this is still looking for a really nice black stone hood code 019.
Thanks for the info....may investigate those depending on how my touch up paint ultimately comes out.

441 - 457 of 457 Posts