SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 · (Edited)
Missed 142k while i was busy driving through a thunderstorm. Also need to remember to avoid NH at all costs during leaf season; that was one of the worst driving experiences I've ever had. Every asshole in a truck reg'd in NH was actively trying to make my life as difficult as possible.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Revived the puddle light project since I apparently don't live in a desert anymore and I'm also back in my normal parking spot which happens to be a part-time river. Got a wiring diagram. Seems to indicate everything should be there.

Connector is empty on the mirror side. No shock there.

But it's there on the car side

and puts out 12v when I hit the yellow button. Just need to add the lights and wiring in the mirrors. This should be an easy project to knock out when I find some folding mirrors.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
That's good to know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
I turned the DRLs off...

...and reset the SRI. I think TPMS is going to be my only permanent DIM message now. Need to delete that bulb from the cluster too since I have no intention of fixing that.

I set the clock to 24hr and thermometer to read in °C while I was at it (trying to get more comfortable thinking in metric). L/100km seemed cool but then I realized I'm still buying gas in gallons and that was just going to be a huge hassle so I changed it back to mpg for now.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
New toys were recently acquired. 3/4 of a sport kit. I'll probably buy a new front lip unless someone has one they'd like to sell.

A grocery bag holder was added today. It has the added bonus of being a much studier cargo deck for heavy loads than the base deck. This will be fun being able to go around corners without breaking the eggs when I am able to resume in-person grocery shopping next year (I hope.....).

Also scored this carpet mat. Anyone else ever seen one of these before? It will live under my rubber mat 90% of the time but it will be nice to have for the rare occasions that this car gets out on road trips and I want a clean mat for clean things. I'll probably give it a good shampoo next summer.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Wow, it took me over 3 months to get from 142k to 143k......aaaaaaaand I was preoccupied again lol.

What is going on here

New toy coming soon to the extended Volvo family

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·

·
Registered
17,309 Posts
Wonder if that individual can keep it stock . . . ;-)

Collectors item and all that.
It’s not coming to my house lol

Reactions: 855RI

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
Wonder if that individual can keep it stock . . . ;-)

Collectors item and all that.
It's going to get some upgrades. She already thinks the brakes suck (especially compared to mine) so it'll probably be getting XC90 brakes soon. It's going to be a daily so the basic safety/livability upgrades are kinda necessary. But I don't expect any huge mods. Mostly probably going to just be adding options.....prem audio, lam glass, wing, etc.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
Installed the silver trimmed XC90 CCM knobs but I think it feels unbalanced with the HU knobs not having the trim. Either way the original knobs needed to come out for a sticky coating delete so good opportunity to do that and then see how I feel about these.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Added a Dynaudio center speaker. It sounds excellent but was too strong in the mix so I closed my eyes and spun the knob around a bunch of times to kill any implicit bias against setting to a value other than 0 and ended up settling on -2 sounding best. There does seem to be a noticeable improvement especially in treble response

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Pre-answer needed too:
Easy way to get the knobs off? Just pull?
Knock on wood I don't have this yet on any of the three.
Too much silver probably:

How does one get the sticky coating off the main radio control knobs?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
HU knobs just pull off. CCM have to be pried off, they're positively retained.

Removing the sticky coating....rubbing alcohol, magic eraser, scrub with soap and water....there are a number of options that are all effective with some persistence.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
145k......time for an oil change

421 - 440 of 457 Posts