SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

401 - 420 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 · (Edited)
Went for a cruise to light up the islands with my neighbor who bought the T5M to have a light-off with his lifted Xterra with a light bar. Well, uh, here are some pictures of the S60's lights because his lights weren't showing up very much on the island. Same camera settings for both shots. Randomly one of his other friends was also hanging out on the waterfront and they thought it was absolutely hilarious that my Volvo had more light output than his lifted Xterra with a huge light bar lol.

The cliff being lit up is about 1400 ft from where I was parked.

Even the low beams were very clearly visible on the island.

Feels good to be back in the epic lighting game.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Focus, focus, focus! Light bars just spray light everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Always impressed. Great job, man. Seeing is believing.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
Upgraded my washer squirters to the low-profile 850 version

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
New toys acquired

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
Damn! Two-tone inscription seats?!? How much did that set you back?
917C Imola!

Are we counting mileage and time in the cost? The seats themselves were probably less costly than the trip to pick them up lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Nice find! I've seen a two-tone interior once in a JY, and it was partially picked. So, that's what brought you out to NY?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,479 Posts
Wow, nice score! Did you get that stuff from Erie?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
Thanks guys; that is why I was in NY. It did come from Erie.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
A few weeks back when I had the stock ABL in, my neighbour and I decided to put them up against his DOT halogens in his 01 T5M while we were both rocking stock lights.

Lows

Highs

Highs w/ driving lights on S60

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
Seems I have a blinker fluid leak

Got it set up by a fan in the basement....hopefully it'll dry out soon so I can reseal and throw it back in.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
Goobed up the headlight with some more sealant.

Let's go for take 3 on this

Do88 IC that I got Black Friday 2019 going in. 3hr 23min time to install.

Picture of a pipe because hard to see anything happened in the middle of the rad stack

I don't understand what Do88 was going for here. Is this just messed up or do other people's look like this? Don't really care but definitely doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
Yeah i was considering that possibility as well but that would be a major hit to do that

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
Nice. Any snaggs with the Do88 intercooler install? I'm considering the upgrade in the spring but skipping all the silicone and piping.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 · (Edited)
Nice. Any snaggs with the Do88 intercooler install? I'm considering the upgrade in the spring but skipping all the silicone and piping.
Pretty straightforward. The instructions are pretty good although I was able to substitute a hydraulic jack for the friend and also avoided disconnecting the coolant overflow hose from the radiator.

I'm not sure why I got the piping. There was some reason for it at the time but I can't figure out what it was now. May have just been what was on sale for Black Friday or something. Skipping that seems totally acceptable.

·
Registered
17,309 Posts
Pretty straightforward. The instructions are pretty good although I was able to substitute a hydraulic jack for the friend and also avoided disconnecting the coolant overflow hose from the radiator.

I'm not sure why I got the piping. There was some reason for it at the time but I can't figure out what it was now. May have just been what was on sale for Black Friday or something. Skipping that seems totally acceptable.
Because the IC to TB pipe as factory is plastic and doesn’t seal to the aluminum very well at all. Could use the stock OTE pipe and hose but deff have to change the lower.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
Threw in a fresh air filter this morning before I wrapped everything up on this car for the moment.

401 - 420 of 457 Posts