SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
16,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to look at this today for a long term daily, taking delivery next week :D. It's going to be epic. Has every option but sport kit and good wheels. ScottishBrick kept telling me I'd be missing out if I didn't buy it.....I was like alright I'll go look at it. The whole way there I kept wondering why on earth I was driving an hour in awful Friday traffic to go look at a black sedan, and then I drove it. It was amazing. Can't wait to start cruising around in this thing. Figured I'd start up a thread here since it's basically a FWD R with a 4C delete so it's more relevant here than in the S60 forum. Yes it will be getting Brembos and better wheels!

28630184388_b46994f8c0_z.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Can't wait to have a ride/go for a drive in this! Going to be epic nice score Jared.

·
Registered
16,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Congrats. I’m surprised to see that you bought a P2 though. What’s the mileage?
125k. Yeah you're not the only one who's surprised LOL. I think I finally understand why you said P2s make great DDs now that I've experienced a good one! My old opinion appears to have been based on a lot of really broken P2s :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Such a rare find! I’ve been looking for one to trade my S80 V8 for. Love the car but miss the P2s!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wowzer that looks extremely good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
125k. Yeah you're not the only one who's surprised LOL. I think I finally understand why you said P2s make great DDs now that I've experienced a good one! My old opinion appears to have been based on a lot of really broken P2s :facepalm:
Yes Jared. This is how Will felt about XC70s until he drove the reincarnated Pele. Once you drive an R for a few thousand miles you will want AWD. Though DSTC does a good job of mitigating spin in these cars.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Yes Jared. This is how Will felt about XC70s until he drove the reincarnated Pele. Once you drive an R for a few thousand miles you will want AWD. Though DSTC does a good job of mitigating spin in these cars.
So do good tires and a quaife but R headlights fail to amaze

·
Registered
16,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the DOT P2 HIDs kinda suck. I can't wait to experience the ABLs :D.

·
Registered
15,972 Posts
Nice! Abl’s! Nebulas aren’t bad. T5 has that oem. Black, though...
That interior looks nice! How many miles and what’s it need?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Wow nice score!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Congratulations on the find, obviously, but are you at all worried about using a MT as a daily? I thought you had bad traffic as part of your commute, no?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Very nice car! congrats.

·
Registered
16,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations on the find, obviously, but are you at all worried about using a MT as a daily? I thought you had bad traffic as part of your commute, no?
No not at all. I hate automatics in traffic. I probably drive in Boston rush hour 50-60x/year and every time I do it I use our NAm. The close ratio 6 speed and unfathomably light clutch will make it even better.

·
Registered
16,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice! Abl’s! Nebulas aren’t bad. T5 has that oem. Black, though...
That interior looks nice! How many miles and what’s it need?

125k and dealer serviced almost its whole life. It needs better wheels and zLines. And a trunk because the clear coat is shot. That's about all I was able to find when I drove it. Even appears to have Volvo blue coolant :thumbup:.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
No not at all. I hate automatics in traffic. I probably drive in Boston rush hour 50-60x/year and every time I do it I use our NAm. The close ratio 6 speed and unfathomably light clutch will make it even better.
Can't hypermile this Jared ;) The M66C is great in traffic and for acceleration but 6th is short. You'll also hate Brembos because you will no longer have a turning radius...

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Nice Jared.

1 - 20 of 435 Posts