SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1061 - 1064 of 1064 Posts

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,061 ·
And they're off to California for service. Failed to find anyone on the east coast who was willing to touch these things and CJ and Anthony both said Performance Shock was the place. Apparently parts are getting to be an issue for these so hopefully there aren't any surprises hiding inside.

This spacer was spec'd in the Öhlins drawing between the strut bearing and the spring seat. Further research found it's also spec'd in the Volvo diagrams, which is interesting because I've never heard of anyone using it before. Regardless, mine will go back together with it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
This spacer was spec'd in the Öhlins drawing between the strut bearing and the spring seat. Further research found it's also spec'd in the Volvo diagrams, which is interesting because I've never heard of anyone using it before. Regardless, mine will go back together with it.

View attachment 132671
I saw that in the diagram also when I ordered my parts for the rebuild. I didn't use it because I never put one in my V70 when I did that suspension. The description says "Spacer.AWD" so I thought it wasn't for my car. What springs are you using?

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
I saw that in the diagram also when I ordered my parts for the rebuild. I didn't use it because I never put one in my V70 when I did that suspension. The description says "Spacer.AWD" so I thought it wasn't for my car. What springs are you using?
H&R.

Interesting that it said for AWD. I'll do some more digging in VIDA and see what that has to say for the FWD cars. It's specifically called out in the Öhlins drawing though, which is a Öhlins technical drawing, not a Volvo diagram.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Is the red 850 back up and running?

1061 - 1064 of 1064 Posts