SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1064 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
So true. It's even impossible to date a girl due to pandemic lol
Weird to say this, but that's actually what happened to me lol. Don't worry, we've both been safe!

I get so jealous looking at you guys who know how to buff your cars. I'm too scared to take off paint. I need to learn or see someone do it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
So if you are trying to ask a girl out on a date. And she ask "do you wear protection?" Do you send her a pic of the mask or condoms?

·
Registered
17,420 Posts
Same. I almost wish I could try it at the pick n pull. Lol.
I get so jealous looking at you guys who know how to buff your cars. I'm too scared to take off paint. I need to learn or see someone do it.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,005 ·
So if you are trying to ask a girl out on a date. And she ask "do you wear protection?" Do you send her a pic of the mask or condoms?
Definitely the mask. No mask would earn an instant rejection in my social circles. My existing friendships would also be cancelled if I showed up without a mask.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
We live in a confusing world, don't we? 😄

Reactions: CYB3RBYTE

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Definitely the mask. No mask would earn an instant rejection in my social circles. My existing friendships would also be cancelled if I showed up without a mask.
Don’t forget the physical barrier, like the BC government recommends

Sorry if this is too much for a car thread, but it became a bit of a joke/meme throughout social media when they released this page back in the summer and I just had to share

·
Registered
17,718 Posts

Sorry if this is too much for a car thread, but it became a bit of a joke/meme throughout social media when they released this page back in the summer and I just had to share
Holy sh*t that is outrageous.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

😂 😂 😂
That's the funniest damn thing I've read in a while... this can't be real! That is just plain hilarious. Who was able to type this with a straight face?

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,011 ·

Wow I thought the campaign the Rhode Island DPH was running over the summer for mask and condom delivery was a good one but this is next level LOL.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Holy sh*t that is outrageous.

That's the funniest damn thing I've read in a while... this can't be real! That is just plain hilarious. Who was able to type this with a straight face?
Wow I thought the campaign the Rhode Island DPH was running over the summer for mask and condom delivery was a good one but this is next level LOL.
I know right, someone really ran that by management and it made it all that way to being public, amazing And even after all the media on it, they stuck to their glory hole guns and left it up

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,013 ·

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,015 ·
Thats impressive!
Thanks Ted - it's not perfect but it'll be better than my 901s being the wrong color! Waterslide decal paper coming in Monday. Going to try to go the cheap way on this and see how it looks before I spend $$ having dry transfer decals made.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Very cool! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks Ted - it's not perfect but it'll be better than my 901s being the wrong color! Waterslide decal paper coming in Monday. Going to try to go the cheap way on this and see how it looks before I spend $$ having dry transfer decals made.

View attachment 118430

View attachment 118431
You are doing awesome. I was actually thinking about replacing the entire stalks on my 850 bec both turn signal and wiper graphics are faded...... may be I can enlist your help if this method proves successful!?

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,018 ·
You are doing awesome. I was actually thinking about replacing the entire stalks on my 850 bec both turn signal and wiper graphics are faded...... may be I can enlist your help if this method proves successful!?
Certainly. The biggest challenge there might be finding stalks with clean enough graphics to copy. Luckily I don't have a good view of the stalks from my seating position so it doesn't bother me too much.......but I'd definitely do mine over, too, if I was already working on stalks. LOL.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,019 ·
Unfortunately the SEM paint seems to amplify surface imperfections. I went over the text with scotch brite because they were starting to dissolve in the paint. Need to figure out how to proceed here.

·
Registered
17,420 Posts
You need to polish it like plastic. A super fine abrasive? Then many, many fine coats? Looked like that was a heavy lay on. Not criticizing. It’s ambitious and love the idea. I’m sure those exact fonts can be found. I might even have them at work but I haven’t been working in the office for 11 months.

1001 - 1020 of 1064 Posts