SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just thought you guys might like to see what was available overseas. Not sure of the model year, but she sure is beautiful!

Edit...now 9 people have posted on this thread. Most can't see it so I copied the picture to another hosting site and have reposted it. I hope everyone can see it now.

Modified by MadeInJapan at 10:31 PM 6-6-2006

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's funny, I see it fine!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

we don't

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: (Mk1Racer)

I see it fine with Firefox.
Looks nice. I really like those clear headlights. If I had an extra grand I'd put them on my wagon.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay...I changed the hosting site so everyone should be able to see it now.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nice!

Looks like a '98-00 S70. Fog lights, rear spoiler & sunroof are signs of a T5. Grille is not stock - looks like it was transplanted from another Volvo. Mesh in the front spoile isn't stock either. S70 mirrors are usually painted but have some black trim where they connect to the door. Could be painted to match (?). I'm not familiar w/ the S70R, but someone else might confirm if this could be one.

IMO, an S70, tastefully modded, has timeless beauty (nice size too, not too big, not so compact either).

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Re: (Taleof2Bricks2)

Quote, originally posted by Taleof2Bricks2 »
Nice!

Looks like a '98-00 S70. Fog lights, rear spoiler & sunroof are signs of a T5. Grille is not stock - looks like it was transplanted from another Volvo. Mesh in the front spoile isn't stock either. S70 mirrors are usually painted but have some black trim where they connect to the door. Could be painted to match (?). I'm not familiar w/ the S70R, but someone else might confirm if this could be one.

IMO, an S70, tastefully modded, has timeless beauty (nice size too, not too big, not so compact either).
its a S70R.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: (gdogg16)

IMO, this just looks like a nicely modded S70.....I mean the Jewel lights, the painted grille, painted mesh and spoiler??? Where is the proof that this is an S70R?

I could do all that to my S70 and call it an R. You know those idiots who buy a BMW 318 or 320, mod it up a bit on the outside, remove those badges and put an M3 badge...???

Thats kinda what this looks like to me...

I mean Hey!, as soon as I get my R spoiler, heck maybe I will have an S70R!!

Dont get me wrong, I hope IT IS an S70R, but you know, how can we know for certain....

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All I know is that it came from Europe...has all the signs of an "R," including the right wheels. Was on a Japanese site listed as an "R." These were available in the non-U.S. market, so I have little reason to doubt it's for real.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Japanese friend's site shows Swedish S70R in Saffron! (volvdog)

It's probably an R.
Saffron was a R (and C70) color, 1998 only
(I've seen this picture years ago, old stuff but very nice)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts