6,672 Posts

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Add some money for winglets, lol.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Yeah, BUT if the the car tracks well (or can be aligned well) and is pretty reliable, then maybe 21K is OK. You can't buy a Nissan Altima for that in 2022, and I'd MUCH rather have that sonic m66 VR even with the cosmetic issues than an Altima... again IF IT is reliable enough and can be aligned. It's not a museum piece like TG's.
Resale be damned - the seller dodged a bullet, especially when the comments started flying and the bidding froze for a bit. Wonder what the reserve was? It wasn't a no-reserve auction. You think it was 14K? He got a 2022 first week 7K bonus? In either case, I find it in bad taste to have people rip it apart if they aren't contenders who are really buying.

It would be interesting to have two devices for a no-reserve auction: one with a login for "Timmy" who picks the crap out of it, but isn't being banned, and one login for "Ralph" who watches from afar as the negativity and darkness/controversy and doubt ensues, only to have "Ralph" sweep in at the last minute and smack a win with a low bid. Timmy and Ralph are really the same guy, named Tony, who really wants a manual sonic VR. LOL
I dunno man, just the number of owners and accidents would scare me away from this one.

Just looking at the timeline of comments the reserve could have been as high as $20k.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Between the $36k and this, sure. I guess.

I guess I'm just a frugal bastard. :D
As a former owner, they're great cars, just not worth that kind of premium over an RD IMHO.

Reactions: p.rico

·
Registered
2009 Volvo V70 3.2, Volvo S60 T5 AW55
206 Posts

holy long link.
anyways, sapphire black/nordkap v70r AT. 127k miles, for 7.9k which is a decent price in the R market right now. allthough it has been in an accident, so idk.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
Blows my mind how nobody was concerned with the shoddy repaint or the strut tower. Can the paint on everyone else's cars possibly be that bad? That's the kind of paintwork I'm used to seeing at a buy here pay here. I thought the point of BaT was to filter out the junk cars lol.

Loved the seller's comment on the paint on the gaskets:
View attachment 143856
dude is so missing the point lol
(the photo numbers changed after the strut tower photos were added)
Is it the (admittedly Ugly Betty) paintwork on the tower, or what's underneath it that's even more troubling?
You don't have to be an expert to know the history, and then look at the blacksmithing on that strut tower and say,
"THAT ain't right." 🤢
I don't know what people would be thinking, even considering spending $21K on an example like this.
I wanted to compare it to mine. Yep, I've got some corrosion, but as you can tell, it's all original 😁

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

VS.
"WHERE'S MY BALL PEEN HAMMER!" 🤬
Blue Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Between the $36k and this, sure. I guess.

I guess I'm just a frugal bastard. :D
So this one is out of contention?

2021 V60 T8 PE Recharge Silver/Charcoal 10k - $65k

(No photos.)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did we share this one before?
2009 V70 with cloth seats. Had no idea you could get a P3 / EUCD V70 with cloth seats!
Autotrader Link

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
That’s dumb. 66k and no pics.
So this one is out of contention?

2021 V60 T8 PE Recharge Silver/Charcoal 10k - $65k

(No photos.)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did we share this one before?
2009 V70 with cloth seats. Had no idea you could get a P3 / EUCD V70 with cloth seats!
Autotrader Link
i had one with cloth seats! they really arent bad, but the tricotech tends to crack.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Yeah, BUT if the the car tracks well (or can be aligned well) and is pretty reliable, then maybe 21K is OK. You can't buy a Nissan Altima for that in 2022, and I'd MUCH rather have that sonic m66 VR even with the cosmetic issues than an Altima... again IF IT is reliable enough and can be aligned. It's not a museum piece like TG's.
Resale be damned - the seller dodged a bullet, especially when the comments started flying and the bidding froze for a bit. Wonder what the reserve was? It wasn't a no-reserve auction. You think it was 14K? He got a 2022 first week 7K bonus? In either case, I find it in bad taste to have people rip it apart if they aren't contenders who are really buying.

It would be interesting to have two devices for a no-reserve auction: one with a login for "Timmy" who picks the crap out of it, but isn't being banned, and one login for "Ralph" who watches from afar as the negativity and darkness/controversy and doubt ensues, only to have "Ralph" sweep in at the last minute and smack a win with a low bid. Timmy and Ralph are really the same guy, named Tony, who really wants a manual sonic VR. LOL
Is it the (admittedly Ugly Betty) paintwork on the tower, or what's underneath it that's even more troubling?
You don't have to be an expert to know the history, and then look at the blacksmithing on that strut tower and say,
"THAT ain't right." 🤢
I don't know what people would be thinking, even considering spending $21K on an example like this.
I wanted to compare it to mine. Yep, I've got some corrosion, but as you can tell, it's all original 😁

View attachment 143899

VS.
"WHERE'S MY BALL PEEN HAMMER!" 🤬 View attachment 143900
Yeah I can't believe spending $21k on that, either. That and an Altima aren't your only options at that price. I'd rather have a nice 2.5T for $8k and put the other $14k in my investment account.

My feeling when you're selling something at a venue where observer commentary is an option you have opened yourself to the commentary of said observers on the item in question. Commentary on pricing would be inappropriate since it should be up to the market to price in any information revealed throughout the course of discussion.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
RARE SLICCCTOP
the absolute most base model p3 v70 ive seen for sale, even more base than mine was. no sunroof, no power seats and they're cloth,, blank switches everywhere, no parking sensors, no BLIS, no fog lights or mudflaps... i do really like the paint color though.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
[
That’s dumb. 66k and no pics.
And it ends up being more expensive than a new one as the first owner took the tax credit.

Reactions: NorthwestDriver

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
Fair. Fair indeed.
Yeah I can't believe spending $21k on that, either. That and an Altima aren't your only options at that price. I'd rather have a nice 2.5T for $8k and put the other $14k in my investment account.

My feeling when you're selling something at a venue where observer commentary is an option you have opened yourself to the commentary of said observers on the item in question. Commentary on pricing would be inappropriate since it should be up to the market to price in any information revealed throughout the course of discussion.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 · (Edited)
I'd rather have a nice 2.5T for $8k and put the other $14k in my investment account.
that's because you have some common cents!

people get caught up in emotions and wants and all for the thinnest veneer of pigments suspended in urethane, a couple of mylar filmed R badges and some numbers on a stick.
but boy do I want me some amethyst!
not to mention getting weak in the knees over turquoise.
autumn gold.....lets not go there.

·
Registered
206 Posts

this listing is HILARIOUS. 03 v70 2.4t with 166k for $4k.

Automotive parking light Cloud Wheel Tire Car

from the desc.:
"so i have 2003 volvo v70 2.4t thats slammed on its nuts. if you looking for a car that can go straight over speed pumps look else where😂 this thing drags scrapes sparks and everything in between its static. "

Reactions: LarryM
501 - 520 of 728 Posts