SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
481 - 500 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts

$21.5K was a bit high on that wagon, this market is crazy.
You can say that but that's what the market is bringing for a M66 so its not really high to those with the cash for sure. I agree that wagon had a few flaws but that M66 sell’s it.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
You can say that but that's what the market is bringing for a M66 so its not really high to those with the cash for sure. I agree that wagon had a few flaws but that M66 sell it.
I get the market, I guess what I was eluding to is that it still pulled over 20 with a number of potentially big issues. Not even the suspension, the strut tower or that whole side (integrity of car) is really unknown unless a body shop takes a look at it. I suppose if it didn’t have the accident it would have pulled 30-35, so maybe the 21.5 wasn’t that high. I’m happy these cars are appreciating, just surprised how high that one went.

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
364 Posts
2001 V70 2.4 manual according to seller. Don't have interior pics to confirm. I had no idea you could drive a nearly 20 year old car on Lyft.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
They can make about $6k of that $21.5K back parting it out... I call dibs on the compromised wonky strut tower.
Blows my mind how nobody was concerned with the shoddy repaint or the strut tower. Can the paint on everyone else's cars possibly be that bad? That's the kind of paintwork I'm used to seeing at a buy here pay here. I thought the point of BaT was to filter out the junk cars lol.

Loved the seller's comment on the paint on the gaskets:
Facial expression Mammal Font Art Smile

dude is so missing the point lol
(the photo numbers changed after the strut tower photos were added)

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Blows my mind how nobody was concerned with the shoddy repaint or the strut tower. Can the paint on everyone else's cars possibly be that bad? That's the kind of paintwork I'm used to seeing at a buy here pay here. I thought the point of BaT was to filter out the junk cars lol.

Loved the seller's comment on the paint on the gaskets:
View attachment 143856
dude is so missing the point lol
(the photo numbers changed after the strut tower photos were added)
Like we've said before, BaT is not the real world. I'm sure the seller of this car probably felt like they hit the lottery when BaT accepted it, for whatever reason they would accept a car like this.

Reactions: JaredR and ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
It is AWESOME.
If I knew it wouldn't go to the moon and I in theory had a ton of extra cash, I'd get that, get leather covers on the seats and LOVE it.
Not a FWD or AWD, but definitely off the charts in terms of cool factor - it will be interesting to see what this fetches:

No Reserve: 1981 Volvo 242 Turbo 4-Speed

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Like we've said before, BaT is not the real world. I'm sure the seller of this car probably felt like they hit the lottery when BaT accepted it, for whatever reason they would accept a car like this.
Must be full of people looking for 20 footer status symbols/fashion statements.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
3,045 Posts
You're describing 99% of the general population

Reactions: LarryM and ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
2016 V60 P* RB 98k - $32k

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

VIN - YV1A92SW1G1290125

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
Yeah, BUT if the the car tracks well (or can be aligned well) and is pretty reliable, then maybe 21K is OK. You can't buy a Nissan Altima for that in 2022, and I'd MUCH rather have that sonic m66 VR even with the cosmetic issues than an Altima... again IF IT is reliable enough and can be aligned. It's not a museum piece like TG's.
Resale be damned - the seller dodged a bullet, especially when the comments started flying and the bidding froze for a bit. Wonder what the reserve was? It wasn't a no-reserve auction. You think it was 14K? He got a 2022 first week 7K bonus? In either case, I find it in bad taste to have people rip it apart if they aren't contenders who are really buying.

It would be interesting to have two devices for a no-reserve auction: one with a login for "Timmy" who picks the crap out of it, but isn't being banned, and one login for "Ralph" who watches from afar as the negativity and darkness/controversy and doubt ensues, only to have "Ralph" sweep in at the last minute and smack a win with a low bid. Timmy and Ralph are really the same guy, named Tony, who really wants a manual sonic VR. LOL

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Head over to Idaho for a sub 10k, xc70 T6

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Head over to Idaho for a sub 10k, xc70 T6
Looks real clean, if that was closer to Delaware, I would take a look.

I like those chonky looking wheels.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
3,045 Posts
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ
481 - 500 of 728 Posts