·
Registered
1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
239 Posts
Platinium Wagon

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I was thinking about the gamble till I noticed it won't start, that's extra suspicious

·
Registered
14,819 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XC90 2.5T AWD, 219k miles
333 Posts
Won’t start and needs a timing belt. That’s easy math!

But $400 is basically scrap value so it’s probably worth a look. Take a big break over bar and a 24mm (I think) socket and see if it’ll turnover.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
30mm

excellent purchase at $400

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Somewhere in Kansas maybe? I suppose you could have visited Hound but now he's back on east coast, right?
My Dad said when he got out of the Army out west he drove back to DC in the late 50s. At one point he'd been going 125 for an hour or more (needle buried on a 110 gauge, & I presume he was on Route 70) when he was stopped by a Trooper. "Where you goin' to in such a hurry, son?" he asked him. DC where I live. He was still wearing his fatigues. Trooper said, "Take care and slow it down a little or you'll never get there. Have a good night." Saluted him and walked away...
Guy I used to work with was in the Air Force in the mid-'60's. He had a 1953 Chevy Business Coupe at the time.
He was from Maryland, and stationed at Mountain Home, ID for a time. He drove that route back east a few times in that car, and also a lot of just roving around the West sightseeing. That old bucket had a hole rusted through the floor in front of the driver's seat, perfectly positioned for a hose and a funnel. He said, "When you're out on the highway trying to make time, why waste time looking for a restroom, when you have have one right there?" 😂

Sample photo... I looked at dozens, and this was the only '53 I could find that wasn't chopped, cropped, shaved, murdered, turded, smacked, whacked, or otherwise wack 🥺
Apparently very popular starting point for "projects".

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
510 Posts
Re: P1 coolant problems: It's really not that expensive to replace all the coolant hoses on the P1. I had thought the central six-way hose was a big deal to change, but with a little planning it wasn't so bad. The heater hoses have nifty little locking ends that you can twist by tapping a screwdriver with a light hammer. Worst access is at the lower radiator nipple.
My biggest problem with the P1 - that eventually led me to selling it - was the tendency of the passenger side front axle shaft to oscillate under acceleration and at around 45 mph.
686Sport

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
07 XC70, ABL, not a lot of other info

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
I have to figure out how to get to Craigslist Sweden. Someone posted this 2 days ago on another site when I was doing a search.
I found the way to do it but there's nothing listed anywhere... US seems to be the only CL user?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have to figure out how to get to Craigslist Sweden. Someone posted this 2 days ago on another site when I was doing a search.
I found the way to do it but there's nothing listed anywhere... US seems to be the only CL user?

Wow !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
A couple decades ago, the Swedish Craigslist was Blocket.se
I don’t know if there’s something better now, but there are still some cool things there. That I’ll let you all find and post.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

$21.5K was a bit high on that wagon, this market is crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
I figured 15-18. Wow.

$21.5K was a bit high on that wagon, this market is crazy.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
They can make about $6k of that $21.5K back parting it out... I call dibs on the compromised wonky strut tower.

·
Registered
1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
239 Posts
😂 this listing gave me a good laugh

·
Registered
14,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
😂 this listing gave me a good laugh
Geez, Abbi !! You're too nice a girl to treat a Volvo that way 😂
Actually $1500 ain't all that bad for something that runs and drives.

Reactions: Tate2999
461 - 480 of 729 Posts