SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1040 Posts

·
Registered
16,269 Posts
And here I am at 38 degrees saying hell no to even walking into the garage. Can't feel my fingers after about 2 minutes, it's miserably cold here right now! Tried diagnosing something on my dad's X3 and I had to come back inside every few minutes... the misty rain just makes everything 10x worse. I replaced the rear glass struts on my Mountaineer at least... I know it's a nasty day when I feel like that's actually accomplishing anything lol.

I couldn't imagine going sailing in cold weather... if I try it (sounds like a ton of fun) it'll be during the summer!
I'd MUCH rather go sailing in the cold than work on cars in the cold. It was dry and sunny yesterday so, between the heavy winter gloves, double socks, triple pants, and my down jacket, I was plenty warm. Can't work on cars dressed like that, and cold rain is the worst. I'd rather be out in the snow than rain at almost any temperature, but especially in the cold.

Definitely would agree that winter is not the time of year to start sailing lol, but that was kind of my point in that example. I learned to sail during times of year when it was warm enough that it was only uncomfortable to end up in the water, rather than extremely dangerous. Kind of like I didn't use the maximum capabilities of my 15G until I had a good sense of when it was and wasn't safe to do so.

Eh, the 2.5Ts are alright, but the older LPTs just barely meet that level. Faster than an NA white block and MUCH faster than an NA red block, at least... lol. Those are borderline dangerous merging onto the highway!
Have you driven a 2000 GLT? My friend's is WAY faster than my mom's 99, and our 99 is fast enough to do what I need it to do but just. I'm going to turn it into a 2000 and then throw on a 15G and a 00 T5 tune.....so much for it being a GLT at that point lol but point being it would be adequate if I wasn't me and doing that kind of thing seemed prohibitively challenging.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Eh, the 2.5Ts are alright, but the older LPTs just barely meet that level. Faster than an NA white block and MUCH faster than an NA red block, at least... lol. Those are borderline dangerous merging onto the highway!
As someone who survived the automotive performance wasteland of the mid-70s to mid-80s, we've had it pretty good the last 20 years. I remember when a 10 sec 0-60 time was pretty respectable. Today, we'd bemoan how unsafe that would be.

·
Registered
696 Posts
As someone who survived the automotive performance wasteland of the mid-70s to mid-80s, we've had it pretty good the last 20 years. I remember when a 10 sec 0-60 time was pretty respectable. Today, we'd bemoan how unsafe that would be.
Yeah, it’s insane we live in a world where the 0-60 time of a Volvo wagon is 6/10s quicker than a 959.

Reactions: bmdubya1198

·
Registered
691 Posts
Anyone in the market for a low mile (41k) Atacama Sedan interior? $3,500!

·
Registered
691 Posts
That interior should go in this low mile (75k) 2007 S60R GT - $10,000

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Have you driven a 2000 GLT? My friend's is WAY faster than my mom's 99, and our 99 is fast enough to do what I need it to do but just. I'm going to turn it into a 2000 and then throw on a 15G and a 00 T5 tune.....so much for it being a GLT at that point lol but point being it would be adequate if I wasn't me and doing that kind of thing seemed prohibitively challenging.
I owned one for a little while actually, an S70. It was maybe a hair quicker than my '98, but it was nothing special. Planning on buying that car back soon, the idiot kid I sold it to wrecked it in like 3-4 weeks. Insurance has just taken an eternity.
My brother's '03 2.4T is actually kinda quick though. Again, nothing crazy like you said too, but it's surprisingly quick.

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Man I love magic blue.

Reactions: 855RI

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,918 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,918 Posts
Stage 3 2005 Volvo S60R (420 hp, manual trans, AWD) - $10,000 (Arlington)

lawyer up and coddle that kid!!
Stage 3 2005 Volvo S60R (420 hp, manual trans, AWD) - cars & trucks... View attachment 117589
lol

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Reactions: 855RI

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Probably my favorite color for P2 / P3 cars. SPA XC90 doesn't look bad in it either.
I saw one in the wild for the first time Saturday night, was driving the wife's truck and was in a hurry so didn't stop, bummed my only pic is hot garbage.

It looked waaaay more purple under parking lot lights than I was expecting, caught my eye from across the lot

·
Registered
691 Posts

It looked waaaay more purple under parking lot lights than I was expecting, caught my eye from across the lot
That’s why it’s magic blue, it changes color depending on the light

1021 - 1040 of 1040 Posts