SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

281 - 300 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
From the "Things You Never See Department"....There's a V70 for auction at Goodwill in KY.

Got a few issues....
VIN: YV1LW61J7Y2682357 Year: 2000 Make: Volvo Model: V70 Trim: -- Body Type: Wagon Doors: 4DR Condition: Used Mileage: 173,627 Warranty: None Engine: 2.4L I5 20V Transmission: automatic Drive Train: FWD Exterior Color: Interior Color: Title: Clear engine start: yes drivable: yes transmission issues: no electrical issues: body issues: no Notes: Battery needs to be jumped. Front right panel dented. tire rods are bad and need to be replaced. (vehicle did not start 1/8/21)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Which one would you take and why?
I may be going against the grain, but I like Bursting better than Rebel, so I might be on the T6 train vs. P*. Also like full leather seats. I have suede in the R and full leather in the R-D and like the full leather better. Not a deal breaker, but a nice to have.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Passion R-design V8 -

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nice price or no dice...

already found a charcoal interior swap... cant do the tan

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Nice price or no dice...
at 10Gs I'd probably just keep that interior as it looks to be in good shape, or look elsewhere for a reverse Oreo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
at 10Gs I'd probably just keep that interior as it looks to be in good shape, or look elsewhere for a reverse Oreo.
I would be out by the color alone, I am not about to swap an entire interior. I am sure there are boats of people who will say "not that hard if you know what you're doing" but I still would look elsewhere. Thought it was a decent car with low miles though. Not sure $10k is justifiable, but the market is the market. If it sells, we will know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2012 S60 T6 RD, Passion/Black, 124k mi, $7k USD
Looks clean on the outside, passable on the inside (but needs a solid clean). Decent price too.

That is nicely equipped too with all the options for that year. Definitely agree a solid detailing is needed for the new owner. Although the wheels aren't Ixion, I still dig it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Passion R-design V8 -
View attachment 116127
2008 Sport V8. Sellers mistake.

The 2009 V8 R-Designs didn’t have the V8 badge in the grille but they also have a quad exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Been getting details on this one this week, going to look at it tomorrow. CarFax and maintenance records check out, and it's already been inspected by McDonald Volvo nearby. Needs mounts and a new vacuum pump seal, minor wheel repair, and a full over detail.
2013 S60 RD Rebel Blue $13k Denver

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
I would be out by the color alone, I am not about to swap an entire interior. I am sure there are boats of people who will say "not that hard if you know what you're doing" but I still would look elsewhere. Thought it was a decent car with low miles though. Not sure $10k is justifiable, but the market is the market. If it sells, we will know.
don't see how that car is worth 3x more than the XCs you can pick up in the 2500 range

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
don't see how that car is worth 3x more than the XCs you can pick up in the 2500 range
keep your shorts on Jared. the only person sayin' its worth 10k is the seller and the potential stiff that pays that much for it! you said it before..... in buying, patience is the key. (oh, and checking the non-affiliated now and then.)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
We've seen clean, low mileage P2 XC70s sell for that and more at times around here. I wouldn't be surprised if the they get it, or very close to it. We'll know in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
So, $10k is a bit much. It’s a private sale so I would think it wouldn’t fetch as much as a dealer or something we’ve seen on BAT. The supply of low mileage P2 XC70s has to be getting low, so supply and demand rules start to make a difference.

It’s also worth noting that every individual has their own requirements for a vehicle purchase. Some folks would be happy with a $2500 car and a laundry list of maintenance and nice to have updates. Others want to pay the money and have what they want. There is no right or wrong, just preference.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Crack Pipe Pricing

Thats maybe $5k ...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Crack Pipe Pricing

Thats maybe $5k ...
What is up with the rear end on that thing, looks jacked up compared to the front fender gap.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cheap 2007 V70R:

·
Registered
15,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
It's also the most unique 07 I've ever seen. Black beltline trim, 04 console and </=06 mirrors?
What is up with the rear end on that thing, looks jacked up compared to the front fender gap.

281 - 300 of 433 Posts