SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 S70GLT<p>I want to work on the front brakes. It looks like I can put a jack stand under the side of the subframe. But the jack stands I have seen have a V-shaped top, and the subframe looks like a flat top jack stand would fit better.<p>What would be the best type of jack stand to use for front brake work, and where would it be placed?<p>Thanks.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Re: Jack stand type and placement? (bw77)

I always use floor jack, smaller version of what shop uses. Got it in kmart I think.

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
Re: Jack stand type and placement? (bw77)

The front subframe is the right place but you might want to look around a little more for a jackstand with a different top- mine is more of a flattened u than a v, more like this shape- ).

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
The subframe is plenty tough enough to sit on the two points of the V, on mine, the V is exactly wide enough to cradle the subframe so it can't move sideways at all.<p>

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yea I use Craftsmen jack stands - 3 ton ones and they are well-sized for the subframe to sit on them. You can also use the control arms if you want and that works better for your particular jackstands, but try a piece of wood if you're having trouble...that will distribute the force/pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts