SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

It's mid April, is there a Wasaga meet this year?

6K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  samabhi12 
#1 ·
Anyone heard anything about Wasaga for this year? Looking forward to some 'Volvo Spring Fling' action.

#2 ·
Re: It's mid April, is there a Wasaga meet this year? (ss60)

Let's make it happen, when did we have it last year? 1st or 3nd week of May?

#3 ·
Re: It's mid April, is there a Wasaga meet this year? (lowenhart)

It was May 10th last year.

#4 ·
Re: It's mid April, is there a Wasaga meet this year? (ss60)

Let's do Saturday May 9th this year...

#5 ·
Hey folks,

Any chance we could do it the following weekend (16th)? My wife is doing an opening on the weekend of the 9th in Collingwood for the gallery. I don't know if that puts it too close to May 24 for others. Anyways, let me know what you think!

Looking forward to seeing everyone up here again.

gb

#6 ·
Re: (grimmbob)

16th would be perfect. Count me in.
Lots of time to get my new power folding mirrors installed

#7 ·
Re: Wasaga Meet

I would recommend any weekend other than the long weekend (May 18th this year). Turn-out could be low as people may have plans for the Victoria Day weekend, plus Wasaga beach, according to family I have up there, is crazy nuts busy that weekend. If the 9th is no good, how about moving it up to the 2nd if that's not too short notice?

#8 ·
Re: Wasaga Meet (Fozzyber)

Quote, originally posted by Fozzyber »
I would recommend any weekend other than the long weekend (May 18th this year). Turn-out could be low as people may have plans for the Victoria Day weekend, plus Wasaga beach, according to family I have up there, is crazy nuts busy that weekend. If the 9th is no good, how about moving it up to the 2nd if that's not too short notice?

Very true, agreed. I am out of town the weekend of the 30th so I would prefer earlier. Or we could do mid June?

Modified by lowenhart at 1:37 PM 4-16-2009

#11 ·
Re: (futuregeneration1)

i was there last yead didnt get my rims on intime im ready this year
:D got exhaust fixd bigger header got flush mounts and poop looks way better sucks tho looks like ill be getting the 240 coupe later then i expected but oh well ill work on it all year for next year

#13 ·
Re: Wasaga Meet

In the interest of democracy, I would like to cast my vote for Saturday, May 2 for the Wasaga Meet. Starting Victoria Day weekend the park/beach charges for parking and will in all likelihood be too busy to accommodate us as group. In addition by late May traffic can become quite busy up there on the weekends making the cruise/beach run problematic. I thus urge everyone to support May 2nd as the date of the 3rd (4th?) annual Volvo Wasaga Beach cruise.

#14 ·
Re: Wasaga Meet (Fozzyber)

Quote, originally posted by Fozzyber »
In the interest of democracy, I would like to cast my vote for Saturday, May 2 for the Wasaga Meet. Starting Victoria Day weekend the park/beach charges for parking and will in all likelihood be too busy to accommodate us as group. In addition by late May traffic can become quite busy up there on the weekends making the cruise/beach run problematic. I thus urge everyone to support May 2nd as the date of the 3rd (4th?) annual Volvo Wasaga Beach cruise.

I second the motion! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#16 ·
Re: (NorthernS40)

So are we good to go? Let's do this up right!

Date: May ??, 2009
Time: 9:00am
Cruise Start Location: 400/Hwy7 parking lot, LOT A. East of the movie theater on HWY 7
Cruise End: Wasaga Beach (??) Parking lot? (anyone have the directions of the great route we had last year?)

MAP:

In case we forgot how much of a driving experience this is, here are photo's from last year:

I have posted on Volvo Speed and turbobricks as well to get some feedback

Henry

Modified by lowenhart at 7:19 AM 4-20-2009

Modified by lowenhart at 5:47 AM 4-22-2009

Modified by lowenhart at 5:47 AM 4-22-2009

#21 ·
Re: (Wagoneer)

Quote, originally posted by Wagoneer »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Turbo swap is that weekend! What a bummer...

Swap it at the meet! or, swap it another day! Comon man, you can't miss it.

Greg, Do you have the route we planned last year?

Henry

#23 ·
May 2 is cool with me.

Wagoneer, it would be awesome if you could make it dude, wouldn't be the same without you!

I'm going to be really busy over the next couple weeks getting the gallery ready for a new exhibit, so I won't really be able to take lead organizing. Is there anyone that can spearhead things if Wagoneer is unable to this year?

Psyched to see everyone again!

gb

#24 ·
Re: (grimmbob)

I don't mind organizing the meet if its ok with everyone.

DATE CHANGE

There doesn't seem to be alot of people being interested in going this year, what if we changed the date to Sunday May 3? I was just reminded that I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for the 2nd

Who would be in for the 3rd?

Henry

Modified by lowenhart at 5:59 AM 4-22-2009

#25 ·
Re: (lowenhart)

Not to be difficult, but Sunday is a work night and I'm sure most people do not want to find themselves 2 or 3 hours or more from home late Sunday afternoon. I'm sorry Greg & Henry can't make it but I'm confident there are silent observers of this forum which will fill out our ranks come May 2. I'm still in favour of Saturday, May 2, but will defer to the majority opinion.

Grimmbob, I'd like to help out any way I can. Could you PM me with any suggestions? I was thinking we could cut out the drive along HWY 7 with the dozens & dozens of traffic lights in favour of HWY 400 north for a few minutes to King City Sideroad then West over to Airport Rd; that gives us more time driving on nice country roads and not in brutal suburban traffic. BTW I know the Wasaga Beach area quite well (have family up there), so navigating through town to the beach is no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.