SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery yesterday and I'm still on that new car "high". When we drove into the dealership, it was poised right in the middle, shining in the sun. I knew it was our car as soon as I saw it(plus the mudflaps gave it away). Everything went fairly smoothly and she was finally ours. I drove it home on the expressway and wow, what a rocket! This is definitely a highway cruiser. Later on that evening, I installed both the child and infant seat. Yes, this is a family truckster. I also got the rubber floormats and the cargoliner in anticipation of future spills. I'll post pics ASAP....Bob

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bob,
Congrats and welcome! I, too, got rubber floormats for my (now-four-months-old!) S60, and they're great. Also, I see that you have little ones riding in back, so I think I might have some cool tips for you on how to keep your nice, new Volvo (oh, yeah, and your kids) clean, safe, and happy.
I'm hoping to get around to writing up a little kid-proofing article shortly -- already took the digital pics, just have to get around to typing in some text, which I'll then send to George to post if he/they see fit to do so! If not, I'll just summarize and post for you at a later date. Welcome, again, and happy motoring!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Familyman:
We took delivery yesterday and I'm still on that new car "high". When we drove into the dealership, it was poised right in the middle, shining in the sun. I knew it was our car as soon as I saw it(plus the mudflaps gave it away). Everything went fairly smoothly and she was finally ours. I drove it home on the expressway and wow, what a rocket! This is definitely a highway cruiser. Later on that evening, I installed both the child and infant seat. Yes, this is a family truckster. I also got the rubber floormats and the cargoliner in anticipation of future spills. I'll post pics ASAP....Bob
Bob,

congrats!!!

Yannis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I smile whenever I think about it(the T5, that is). All of a sudden, running errands just got a little more exciting. Bob

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congratulations!

What options (besides 17" wheels and graphite leather) did you get? I don't care about pictures... I want specs!

Did you get the integrated child booster seats? I highly recommend them. And so do my kids. I was able to get them added to my car before I bought it.

And yes, it's all about the rubber mats.

[This message has been edited by daimoni (edited 08-03-2002).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Daimoni,
The options: leather seats, Touring package, geartronic(wife has to drive it too), cold weather package, integrated booster seats(kids aren't quite old enough yet), and 17"Amalthea wheels. A nice touch is the memory seats for each car alarm. I also plan to tint the rear and side windows. Bob

·
Registered
66 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Familyman:
Daimoni,
The options: leather seats, Touring package, geartronic(wife has to drive it too), cold weather package, integrated booster seats(kids aren't quite old enough yet), and 17"Amalthea wheels. A nice touch is the memory seats for each car alarm. I also plan to tint the rear and side windows. Bob
Good man! I have the same options... but I added roof rails to the T5. I'm thinking about adding mudflaps before winter.

And I can't say this enough... I swear by the integrated booster seats... when your kids are old enough, they'll love 'em.

Happy motoring!

(now get off the computer... and get driving!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts