SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the highly recommended guys over at Street Image Motorsports in Farmingdale, NY wrap the wife's XC90 in a 3M satin pearl white, with a contrasting (extended) gloss black roof and side mirrors to match. The original color of the vehicle is Crystal White, so the wrap blends very smoothly into all the jams, nooks and crannies. No unsightly edges, overlaps, or gaps anywhere. The satin finish initially appears matte, but reflects a brilliant metallic glow under sunlight or when hit by a light source. The wrap definitely gives the vehicle a more unique and profound personalty. Much of the original silver and chrome tidbits were kept, in hopes to keep the entire transition looking as OEM as possible. The jury is still out on whether or not we want to do a full "chrome delete" at this stage in time.

Having seen the car midway through the wrap install, I can confirm, it is quite a labor intensive procedure. To do the job right, and not to mention, achieve flawless results; panels, parts, trim, moldings, and so on, do need to be pulled apart. If you've never seen it done before, it is definitely not for the faint of heart. The attention to detail here is what you're essentially paying for with a wrap job of this nature, and what separates the good / experienced shops from the rest. Whenever work of this extent is required, one thing that always plays over and over again in my mind is, "cheap work is never good, and good work, is never cheap". So yes, it's not cheap, and yes, it takes some time, but the end results make it all worth while.

I've inserted two images, one taken during the day, and one at night, to give a better example of how the satin pearl vinyl reacts to different lighting conditions. On the day image, you can also see how the roof was wrapped in gloss black and how it seamlessly extends on to the rear spoiler.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

PS - Yes, the vehicle was also debadged. IMO it just made for a more cleaner overall look. Down the road, I may simply repurpose theT6 and little white Polestar emblem elsewhere like under the hood or something.

·
Registered
2017 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R Design Platinum
576 Posts
Looks beautiful, the night picture really shows the finish well.

Reactions: VolvoUhu

·
Registered
439 Posts
Had the highly recommended guys over at Street Image Motorsports in Farmingdale, NY wrap the wife's XC90 in a 3M satin pearl white, with a contrasting (extended) gloss black roof and side mirrors to match. The original color of the vehicle is Crystal White, so the wrap blends very smoothly into all the jams, nooks and crannies. No unsightly edges, overlaps, or gaps anywhere. The satin finish initially appears matte, but reflects a brilliant metallic glow under sunlight or when hit by a light source. The wrap definitely gives the vehicle a more unique and profound personalty. Much of the original silver and chrome tidbits were kept, in hopes to keep the entire transition looking as OEM as possible. The jury is still out on whether or not we want to do a full "chrome delete" at this stage in time.

Having seen the car midway through the wrap install, I can confirm, it is quite a labor intensive procedure. To do the job right, and not to mention, achieve flawless results; panels, parts, trim, moldings, and so on, do need to be pulled apart. If you've never seen it done before, it is definitely not for the faint of heart. The attention to detail here is what you're essentially paying for with a wrap job of this nature, and what separates the good / experienced shops from the rest. Whenever work of this extent is required, one thing that always plays over and over again in my mind is, "cheap work is never good, and good work, is never cheap". So yes, it's not cheap, and yes, it takes some time, but the end results make it all worth while.

I've inserted two images, one taken during the day, and one at night, to give a better example of how the satin pearl vinyl reacts to different lighting conditions. On the day image, you can also see how the roof was wrapped in gloss black and how it seamlessly extends on to the rear spoiler.

View attachment 139857

View attachment 139858

PS - Yes, the vehicle was also debadged. IMO it just made for a more cleaner overall look. Down the road, I may simply repurpose theT6 and little white Polestar emblem elsewhere like under the hood or something.
Nice!

whats the cost to wrap entire car?

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts

View attachment 139857

View attachment 139858

Very classy! Looks like they did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
2022 XC90 Recharge (on a truck)
44 Posts
Typical decent full color change wraps in the US are between $3,000 and $5,000. Typical full wrap PPF jobs are closer to $8,000. Certainly there are prices outside of this range, but those prices are less typical. (Source: I worked with a person who used to study this market and part of his job was to understand what typical prices were in the US.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I doubt that approximation around NYC metro area, my guess higher.
I call and raise you to a total of $7.5k
m
Typical decent full color change wraps in the US are between $3,000 and $5,000. Typical full wrap PPF jobs are closer to $8,000. Certainly there are prices outside of this range, but those prices are less typical. (Source: I worked with a person who used to study this market and part of his job was to understand what typical prices were in the US.)
Spot on! Shopping around, I was quoted between $3k and just under $5k to completely wrap the XC90. The spread in pricing was initially a little discerning, but quickly become evident that everyone involved in this trade values their time and skills differently. No different really from that of any other talent oriented profession. One factor that seemed to be prevalent and directly related to pricing, was how quickly the turnaround would be. The high end of the quotes all promised full completion in as little as 2-3 days, while the cheaper quotes seemed to need a little more time (an additional day or two). Presumably this was due to staffing restraints or physical space limitations within the shop. The quote I received from the guys at Street Image Motorsports was neither high or low, but rather fell right in the middle of what I was seeing out there. They delivered as promised, and at a price point that I was comfortable with.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Really nice. My favorite color. Here's the first XC90 wrap I saw in 2016. Company out of Tenn.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Spot on! Shopping around, I was quoted between $3k and just under $5k to completely wrap the XC90. The spread in pricing was initially a little discerning, but quickly become evident that everyone involved in this trade values their time and skills differently. No different really from that of any other talent oriented profession. One factor that seemed to be prevalent and directly related to pricing, was how quickly the turnaround would be. The high end of the quotes all promised full completion in as little as 2-3 days, while the cheaper quotes seemed to need a little more time (an additional day or two). Presumably this was due to staffing restraints or physical space limitations within the shop. The quote I received from the guys at Street Image Motorsports was neither high or low, but rather fell right in the middle of what I was seeing out there. They delivered as promised, and at a price point that I was comfortable with.
In Scottsdale Arizona I was just quoted $11.5k for a complete wrap, window tint, window shield Ppf and ceramic coating interior and exterior for a new model y. Time to complete was estimated to be one week with a team of two people.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In Scottsdale Arizona I was just quoted $11.5k for a complete wrap, window tint, window shield Ppf and ceramic coating interior and exterior for a new model y. Time to complete was estimated to be one week with a team of two people.
Wow that’s crazy! What were they going to use to wrap the car, gold foil? lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts