SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a shame there isn't a new R based off of the new V70 Suspension is good.

I test drove a T6 XC70 today as I consider crossing to the dark side and ditch my VR for a new T6. The XC70 with the 4C really surprised me. While the new car doesn't handle as well it's suspension feels well sorted and miles ahead of the R. The X/C70 on the optional 18" wheels was a pleasant surprise.

An R based on that suspension as a starting point would have been awesome. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by ktm_525 at 8:18 AM 4-3-2009

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Re: It's a shame there isn't a new R based off of the new V70 Suspension is good. (ktm_525)

I had an 09 XC70 T6 as a loaner recently too. Very good power/drivetrain and ride/suspension. Steering is way way way too light though. It also already had a horrible rattle in the sunroof and another in the dash. Only 30 miles on the car too. Sad.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: It's a shame there isn't a new R based off of the new V70 Suspension is good. (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »
I had an 09 XC70 T6 as a loaner recently too. Very good power/drivetrain and ride/suspension. Steering is way way way too light though. It also already had a horrible rattle in the sunroof and another in the dash. Only 30 miles on the car too. Sad.

Did it have the optional speed sensitive steering and 4C? The one thing I liked was the lack of rattles compared to my VR.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
4C is not an option in the US in any model Volvo for 2009. They dropped it on the S80, the XC70 and never made it available on the V70 or XC70 which is a pity, I have driven all of those models with and without 4C and it is an excellent addition to the XC models especially.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.