SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my car is now in the junk yard. Totaled after being hit while parked in a hotel parking lot.
Because some are interested...purchased new, synthetic oil every 3-5k, original clutch, original angle gear, 247,000 miles.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That sucks.

At least it had a good innings...

What happened to the other party?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got shot by the police. Stolen Hummer surrounded by police in parking lot. Decided he would try to drive over my car and a police car so they opened fire. Wounded and survived. Assuming might get some jail time:)

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Dude that's terrible (the car, not the guy who totaled it... That's a helluva story).

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
thats a crazy story. tried driving over your car??? holy sh!t lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things really didn't line up for me that day. Last minute job to do in Muscatine, Iowa. Drove from Kalamazoo, changed hotels at the last minute to be closer to job. Parked the car away from all others when a semi backed in. Driver of semi approached me and asked if I would move it so he could park where I was. Said "sure, no problem". Moved it to the other end of parking lot in an end spot. Checked in, went to sleep. Police woke me up the next morning with a phone call to my room.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be wicked if you could somehow find that police dashcam footage.
Never thought of that! Or the hotel surveillance! I'm going back to same job this week, maybe I'll visit the hotel and ask if they have any (no, I'm not staying there again).

·
Registered
940 Posts
Wow. Which yard did it end up going to?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
That is ridiculous!! I would find out who the guy is and destroy all of his cars and his family members cars. Be careful though, judging by the Hummer and evasion of the police it's gunna be in a rough spot and they're not gunna like the Oscars..
That sucks that your car gets destroyed by some pos that should be in jail or worse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think it's still at the collision repair facility. Haven't settled yet.
I took the front grill as a memento. Might be a few parts in the garage...rubber mats, maybe some brake parts.
I do have a couple cool dealership banners hanging up that will be a sad reminder of my years with my R. They will have to be gone soon.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
dibs on the banners if you sell them please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

They will probably go on 'bay unless I get an offer I can't refuse...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Put them on ebay to make it fair. I was gunna ask if I can have them before but didn't wanna be a dick since your car just got fuucked. That being said..I'll give you $100 per banner

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the interest in the banners and the concern for my car. I will post on this thread when I put them up on eBay.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That is very unfortunate for your R, sad to hear. I sure hope you find a great replacement.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts