SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna share a tip. I was looking for a missing interior trim piece that covers the bolt of the seat rail. Called up the local Volvo wrecker and they don't have the right color for my car. Would have cost easily $20 for it if the one they have is the right color. Then I rang up a Volvo dealership. The parts manager was very courteous and check it up. Even sent me a screen shot of the part to make sure. Then he tracked it down and thought may have to order it from Sweden but alas found one in another dealer. Will pick it up later today. Costs $10.00!
So sometimes it pays to check with your local Volvo dealership.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
This sort of thing happens sometimes, it's always a good idea to check with the dealer first, even if you will most likely laugh in their faces when they tell you the price of a certain item.

They wanted $450 to replace my the lower valence grille in my 2008 S60, one of the plastic tabs snapped off and it was just slightly bugging me. $450 for a little piece of plastic.

They wanted $4800 to replace the angle gear and rear differential on our old 2005 XC-90.

They charged us $98 for an inner tie rod.

Mobil 3309 ATF fluid from our local dealer is over $24 per quart.

The list goes on...

Glad you had a successful dealer visit though! Cherish it because it'll most likely be your last when it comes to repair/replacement

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sometimes the OEM part can be the greater value over aftermarket. The 240 Diesel motor mounts are 4X the cost of aftermarket mounts, but they last ~10X longer. That's why forums such as this are so valuable - an educated owner can keep the car in good repair w/out getting gouged or frittering money away on garbage parts.

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
Wrong side of the globe, but for people over here, try checking with VoluParts.com They basically distribute to all the local dealerships. They have almost everything and what they don't have they can order. Prices are great too...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to see so many sharing the info around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts