SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

It finally happened - PCV/breather box

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SwedeT5 
#1 ·
Well, after almost 7 years and 119,200 miles, I got the dreaded whistling noise from the engine bay. I was about 60 miles from home and it was on Sunday, so no dealerships were open. I called my dealership's service department on Monday but they couldn't fit me in until Tuesday...the tech said the car was fine to drive so I dropped it off Tuesday. Luckily, I still had around 700 miles left on the Volvo extended warranty so the fix was free :)

Are there any high mileage cars on here who haven't had this issue yet? I feel extremely lucky!!!

#3 ·
I have a T5. The car has been on a diet of German Castrol 0W-30 and, recently, Mobil1 0W-30 with 5,000 mile oil changes. I'm pretty easy on her but my 31 mile one-way commute may take an hour with traffic. The service manager I spoke to yesterday asked if I ever had the PCV system cleaned at 70K as recommended...I didn't even know there was a recommended cleaning interval, nor do I recall the dealership asking me about it in the past.

#8 ·
Happened today at 95K

Had the whistle start yesterday. Replaced today. Car ('05, T5, AWD) has about 95000 miles on it, mostly highway miles 'til this year, with regular mobil 1 changes every 3 - 3.5K, and all factory recommended maint.

For once, the dealer knew what it was and what to do . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.