SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so now that everyone's seen my photos, I have a couple questions/issues on which to get everyone's advice on a couple things I failed to bring up w/ my dealer while I was checking out my car this AM:<P>1) Aren't chrome lug nuts standard on the Mimas wheels ? Mine look awfully scratched and the photos in the brochures all show nice, chrome lug nuts.<P>2) On the rearview mirror, there are two "sensors" along the top edge. On mine, only the left one has a plastic cover over it. The right is open, showing the little recessed white sensor. Is mine missing the plastic piece or is this how it is supposed to be ?<P>3) I get a very, very noticable rattle from the rear hatshelf when I play a CD w/ even a moderate amount of bass even moderately loud. I'll check this out tomorrow, but could it be the sunshade that his rattling ? Were the speakers installed improperly ? I thought I had seen someone else talk about this problem here or on volvospy.com.<P>Besides these issues, I love my new car !! <P>Any info appreciated.<P>thanks.<P>-tom

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tom-<BR>I can only comment on the "vibration" and let you know that I have no such noise. I had the AOL sunshade installed along with the upgraded hat-shelf speakers and listen to music with very heavy base at times.<p>[This message has been edited by ch7656 (edited 03-25-2001).]

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Tom,<P>1.) The chrome lugnut issue is very strange. I have seen S60 T5's with Tethys wheels on the lot with and without chrome lug nuts. I have also seen 2.4T's with and without chrome lug nuts as well. You might want to bring up this issue with your dealer and see if they will change them out for you. This seems to be something that is very random.<P>2.) I am not really sure about this, you might want to ask a dealer tech, or you could also check out the cars in the showroom to see what the rearview mirrors look like.<P>3.) There might be something wrong in the hatshelf area or they might not have installed something properly. If you can duplicate this problem at the dealer, then they should have no problem fixing it.<P>-Drew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the speaker last night w/ a flashlight and saw there is a little metal clip of some sort sitting loose on the speaker cone. I'll have to take it into the dealer to have them remove the grill. I also spoke w/ them about the lug nuts and they said that yes, they should be chrome and they'll swap them w/ another car on their lot when I bring it in to fix the speaker prob. The dealer also says the rearview mirror sensor thing is the way it's supposed to be.<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts