SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My app tells me my window is open and it's not. Tried everything to delete or make it go away. Nothing works. Going to call them and ask but figured I would check here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got the same message last week and when I checked the windows, they all looked up and sealed. I rolled them up anyway, and the passenger window made the tiniest little movement after which the message went away. Your issue could be something else, but have you tried rolling them up or down and then up again?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I occasionally get the same status in the app. My window is not fully closed, at least to where the window sensor reports open/closed. So it's the car, not the app.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had that problem after having the car serviced. I'm not sure what they did (or forgot to do), but check your manual for resetting the power windows.

Here's a blurb from my manual about resting the auto up/down function. That might be the same thing:

If the battery has been disconnected, the auto open function must be reset so that it will work properly.
1. Gently raise the front section of the button to close the window and hold it for one second.
2. Release the button briefly.
3. Raise the front section of the button again for one second.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did the same thing when the car was very new. Now after 3 months, the false window open message doesn't happen anymore. Not sure how new your car is, but perhaps it takes some time for the window seals to get some wear in order to seat Windows tight enough to always be sensed as closed? Just a guess based on my issue going away on its own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
When I first got our V60CC had the same indication on two windows in the app. When putting the window (auto) up I needed to hit the switch again to "set" the window in place. Hasn't happened much lately so maybe the rubber seal just needed to be "exercised".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts