SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my car last year I'm sure the stop/start would only stop the engine if it was warmed up enough, otherwise it would keep running when you stopped.

Now it seems to stop EVERY TIME you put on the e-brake and raise the clutch. The problem is if the engine isn't warm enough or the AC is on a very high or a very low setting the engine starts back up again after 2 seconds! It's embarrassing as people think I've stalled the engine! :(

Does anyone else have this issue?

I preferred it when it would only stop when it knew it could stay stopped without having to start back up again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get this on my D5 in the UK too.

I can't reliably tell whether the stop/start will work or not on my journey home from work - cold car, cold outside (7 celsius), 400 metres queue of slow moving traffic because of temp roadworks. So I deactivate it.

In it's praise - I was sat in a different queue yesterday morning (3 lanes - all stopped) with the drivers window down and it was really quiet - I realised that my car had stopped the engine and I was surrounded front side and rear by late model BMWs, who all had the stop/start kick in, it was uncanny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts