SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed last night that my mirrors stopped folding when locking the car. Additionally, neither of the two cameras work anymore when 360 view is engaged. The blind spot is ok.
Anyone experienced similar issue on 2018 XC60 Inscription?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Time to schedule a service. Seems to me wire connection problem to the mirror.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do they fold when you do it manually (press both buttons)? If not, it might be a fuse.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I noticed last night that my mirrors stopped folding when locking the car. Additionally, neither of the two cameras work anymore when 360 view is engaged. The blind spot is ok.
Anyone experienced similar issue on 2018 XC60 Inscription?

Thanks,
On my S60, my folding mirror motor died, so the action sounded like a jumbo jet when the vehicle was locked. Take it in for service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they fold when you do it manually (press both buttons)? If not, it might be a fuse.
skibum50,
Your suggestion fixed it all. I pressed both buttons to manually fold and the driver side went all the way forward. I pressed again and it went to proper closed position with some grinding of the mechanism. The bottom line is that it now works as expected. The folding back and the cameras are all good.

I'm thinking that it must have gotten out of position somehow. Maybe in a parking lot someone pushed it and then manually forced it back to position and so we never noticed.

BTW, I never knew of the ability to fold manually and would have to waste time at the shop. So thank you for saving me time and frustration :bow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem on my XC40. One of the mirrors didn't fold out once.
I did exactly the same; pressed both buttons and the mirror deployed.
But since then the camera started failing every now and then.
Took my car to service and they updated the software. Problem solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts