SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

First time poster, but long time lurker.

I bought my 2019 S60 T5 Momentum in February 2019, and unfortunately the car has spent more time at the dealer than in my driveway... I could write a novel about all the issues I’ve had in 6 months with this car, but for now I just wanted to mention the issues i’m Having with my weather stripping and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

I noticed in April that the weather stripping was hanging off the bottom of the drivers door (There are multiple gaskets on each door, but I’m talking about the large one-piece gasket that seals the door to the door jamb). Upon further investigation I found that the same seal was coming loose on all 4 doors.

The dealer replaced the weather stripping for the first time in April. Unfortunately they also smashed in the drivers side rear quarter panel, and the car spent the next couple weeks in the body shop. When I finally received the car back, the weather stripping was already failing, and worse than before.

In June, the car was inspected by the regional rep and a Volvo engineer (for the weather stripping and other issues) and the engineer determined that the dealer had used an obsolete process for replacing the weather stripping. He had the dealer re-order the seals, but suggested the body shop that did the body work do the replacement the second time because they have more experience with weather stripping.

The body shop had the car for 10 days, but from what I could tell on the VOC app, the car sat the entire time until the last day when I could see the doors and windows open in the app- I think they quickly replaced them in ~1 hour and sent it back to the dealer. When I arrived to pick the car up I could already see the stripping separating from the door. The SA said that this was normal (I knew it wasn’t) and to give it a couple days to cure. It never cured, and I spent the next month re-sticking it every time I opened the door.

Now, it’s in for the 3rd time having the weather stripping again! They claimed that the second procedure they used was also obsolete now, and that the car has to sit for 3 days with the doors closed following the replacement. They assure me that the problem will he fixed now- which I’m having a hard time believing.

But here’s the kicker- they gave me a 2020 S60 T6 Momentum for a loaner, and the weather stripping is failing on all four doors on this car! It’s a mode year newer than mine and the problem looks completely unresolved.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had these issues? And if you haven’t noticed, it might be worth looking at your car to see if the weather stripping is coming off. I’ve seen it now on 2 model years.

Thanks!
Dennis
Hello, I have had the SAME problem with my 2019 XC60! SEVERAL times! Was this ever resolved for you?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I actually had this exact issue with both my 2019 S60’s, the T5 and it’s replacement T6. With the T5 I never got it resolved and they replaced them 3 times if I remember correctly- but that was also at a terrible dealership in metro west Boston.

My T6 also had this issue and the folks over at Boston Volvo took the approach of not replacing them, but cleaning and re securing them. It worked much better, but I still have a couple spots where they’re loose, but not hanging. It’s going back in Thursday for some other things and I asked that they redo the weather stripping glue again. It’s been about a year since they first re secured them.

I also treated them with a lubricant to stop them from sticking/freezing to the door jam so that could’ve help reduce the tugging on them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 62 of 62 Posts