SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent today replacing the break booster on my car i was getting a loud Hiss from break pedal and from reading the forums it did not seem like a uncommon problem.After i replaced it and bleed out all the break lines.I did this because i had to remove the MC lines to get it out.Now i am getting all 4 breaks will not back off as the should the front and rear are not locked but rubbing as i drive.This is causing heat all the way to the rims and smoke.I am missing something is there a adjustment that i am missing after this is done?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Cjones16)

i at first bled the 2 lines an MC and still had a very soft pedal so i then started at the back passenger side and bleed them at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you do something like this<br><A HREF="http://www.superchevy.com/technical/chassis/brakes/0509sc_bench/index.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.superchevy.com/tech....html</A><p>Theres a few ways to bleed the air out of a MC but this seems to be the most common<p>- Normally Pumping of the brakes and opening up the bleeder screw on the caliper will not get air out of the MC<p><br>ALSO was the MC empty?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it was empty as i did not remove it just the 2 lines to get it out of the way of the booster.I did after i bleed the lined get the pedal back but now it seems either the brakes will not back off all the way.I just lifted the car up and with it N the front wheel spins but seems that the pad is dragging and i just drove it around the block and i am getting a knock/ticking from the front tire.I am going to call the auto parts place i bought the front pads at and make sure they got me the right ones.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK i bleed the MC and lines all seemed ok until i drove around the block When i stopped and then started again the break pedal got very very hard and almost feels like the breaks are dragging again.Is there a adjustment on the break booster.It almost seems like the booster is keeping the breaks on just a small amount?I checked and rechecked everything i have found and can think of.I looked at the booster and i cant see any way to adjust the pin that goes in to the MC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts