SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the XC70 T6 in for it's 7500 mile tune up yesterday. Was told that Senus 3.0 could not be done because of "download problems with the Volvo system." When I looked at my paperwork, it said that the download was not done because of "issue #131. Anyone heard of that?
"

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've never heard of that specific number, but I do know that some vehicles doesn't accept the ICM update over USB stick in the car. It can still be downloaded via OBDII/Bluetooth, but that takes a long time, so if the workshop hasn't scheduled time for it, they may not fit it in.
Here in Sweden, ICM updates aren't included in the normal service procedure, but that's just because this update takes too long to be completed whilst the oil is drained from the engine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never heard of that specific number, but I do know that some vehicles doesn't accept the ICM update over USB stick in the car. It can still be downloaded via OBDII/Bluetooth, but that takes a long time, so if the workshop hasn't scheduled time for it, they may not fit it in.
Here in Sweden, ICM updates aren't included in the normal service procedure, but that's just because this update takes too long to be completed whilst the oil is drained from the engine.
Thanks for the feedback! Before the service, I was told that a Sensus update download could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3.5 hours. And that it was a BIG download. Kind of interesting to me, as I have been told the Polestar upgrade only takes about 25 minutes.

Guess we'll just have to be patient and try for the Sensus update at the 15K service as our dealer is far away.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
if i remember right, 131 was a message saying the module already has the latest update already?
i will do some checking to be sure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts