SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Child Restraint Locking System for 2001 Volvo V70 Wagons Recalled<P>Detroit, MI (SafetyAlerts) - The National Highway Traffic Safety<BR>Administration (NHTSA) has published a recall affecting the child restraint<BR>locking system in the 2001 Volvo V70 Wagons. The affected automobiles have<BR>the ISOFIX-type child restraints installation application. The ISOFIX is a<BR>system to assist owners in securing their child safety seat to the<BR>automobile seat.<P>The bolted joint, used for attaching the bracket that is part of the<BR>installation hardware for the ISOFIX-type child restraint, may have been<BR>incorrectly tightened. In the event of a crash, the seat occupant may not be<BR>properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury.<P>The affected vehicles were manufactured from January 1, 2000 to January 31,<BR>2001.<P>Dealers will inspect the anchorage bolts and tighten to the correct torque<BR>if necessary.<P>Owners with questions should contact Volvo at 1-800-458-1552.<P>- Darell<P>

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just received my official recall notice from Volvo on Saturday. <P>Darell covers most of the details accurately in his post. The only thing I might add is that Vovlo calls this "Recall Campaign 104A". They advise us to contact our authorized Volvo Retailer to schedule an appointment & the procedure will be completed at no cost and will take approximately 1/2 hour.<P>- Rob<P>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't actually received my official notice yet. But as usual, I have plenty of little things I need to see the dealer about, so it won't be long before I'm in there to have this done as well.<P>- Darell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts