SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives hers everyday. It's her only car. It's a 2009 and has 94,000 miles on it. I'm hoping the longevity and reliability of the C70 doesn't let me down because I have a tendency to really take care of vehicles and hope they are worth it. My 2001 F150 has 173,000 on it and no issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine will be as it is the only 4-wheeled transportation I own. If my '06 R was any indication it will be a reliable mount. Despite all the electronic and computer bits and pieces it had it rarely gave me problems in 84,00 miles.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
DW and I alternate vehicles('13 RDX) depending on capacity requirements and miles involved. RDX is a lease and we are trying to stick with the allotted mileage. Unfortunately, that means the C70 has 16K miles since December '13. Odd thing is...neither of us has a 'regular' job, yet we put miles on like a commuter !!! I've been grabbing the C70 in recent days since the temps are below 90 before lunch and after sunset. DW vacillates based on her desire for sportiness vs road presence. The C70 is pretty low to the ground in the sea of Texas trucks and SUVs ;)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
mine's a daily driver...definitely hope to drive it until close to 100k

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine too. '08 with 18k miles, but I work from home, unless I have to go out in the field as a court reporter. But thanks to Skype, I can be home in the basement! Also do audio court work at home these days. But I use the car daily to pick up work and deliver transcripts. I do not use the car in the dead of winter. I rely on my husband for that! At this rate, maybe it will last 'til I'm in the rocking chair!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine too. '08 with 18k miles, but I work from home, unless I have to go out in the field as a court reporter. But thanks to Skype, I can be home in the basement! Also do audio court work at home these days. But I use the car daily to pick up work and deliver transcripts. I do not use the car in the dead of winter. I rely on my husband for that! At this rate, maybe it will last 'til I'm in the rocking chair!
Have some friends who telecommute/work from home and I must say it seems to work for them. Even being able to remote in to your job would be a win/win. As I am an airline pilot I don't think I could pull it off...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Daily driver here, through snow, sleet, rain and whatever else mother nature throws at me...

My car buying philosophy is to get all the bells and whistles, as I plan to own it for at least 8 years. So, the premium for the good stuff is relatively small when amortized over a longer term.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ours is not, at least not yet. It gets weekend duties and about 15 miles a week otherwise. I have a 25 mile (30 minute) commute but is delegated to my 07 Colorado for the most part, never have taken the car. Those pickups are great little trucks, have another one at work which is a company truck, they both have over 190K miles and both run and look great.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
DW and I alternate vehicles('13 RDX) depending on capacity requirements and miles involved. RDX is a lease and we are trying to stick with the allotted mileage. Unfortunately, that means the C70 has 16K miles since December '13. Odd thing is...neither of us has a 'regular' job, yet we put miles on like a commuter !!! I've been grabbing the C70 in recent days since the temps are below 90 before lunch and after sunset. DW vacillates based on her desire for sportiness vs road presence. The C70 is pretty low to the ground in the sea of Texas trucks and SUVs ;)
Yeah, my missus and I both used to vacillate a lot when we were younger, but now that we are older, not so much. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife uses our 06 c70 as a daily driver. We went so far as to get a set of snow tires/wheels so that there would be no problems in the winter. Should be about 10,000 miles per year all together.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My wife has a 2010 C70 and drives it about 50 miles a day to work and back. She has 66k miles on it now and no real issues. Just completed S&S so I need to start the oil changes and I'm looking at tire replacements before the winter hits.

·
Registered
455 Posts
'07/82k is my wife's daily driver, and was the favored vehicle for summer weekend use as well. Shopping for winter tires/wheels now, and she has announced that I can never get rid of this car so in a couple more years it will become a weekend car for longevity. At least that's the plan.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine was. Bought it at 55k. Put 25K on it in 8 months. (Unemployed and bored). Got my old Honda beater back at 95K so made it my weekender to save on insurance. About to break 100K this or next weekend after 2 years and 4 months of owning it. Also about to lose my 6yr/100k CPO, so a bit worried.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts