SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed these new XC90 and XC60 last week. They have a distinctive black top treatment over white similar to the standard two tone option of the XC40, and like the Range Rover look. Have others seen this and is it something new that Volvo’s trying?

It looked to be a warp for the top. It isn’t the transport/trucking wrap as there were a few new deliveries that had the conventional dull wrap to protect for transport.

The XC60 especially looks really sharp! XC90 seems a little forced and perhaps if it had more of a trim line could pull it off better than a Range Rover. I couldn’t see their Monroney stickers to see if it is an option or accessory - being a wrap it doesn’t hurt to try it for customer reaction. Definitely eye catching.

Only saw it on a couple of Momentum XC90 and on white only:

and one one XC60 on white (there were other whites without the two tone treatment)

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Interesting move. Some new body color scheme definitely helps bring more excitement to buyers.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
If they create some lightly decorated trim like V90CC Ocean Race, it will be very lovely.

The problem of V90CC OR is because they don't want to see V90CC at all by so limited color choice and stock.
If they let dealer stock some V90CC OR, I bet it would sell very quickly.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It's a no for me on XC90

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
For XC90, two-tone might look better if they only paint the mirrors, A-pillar, roof top area between roof rails, and the boot spoiler. They should then leave the B and C pillars unchanged. It'll look better that way, in my view.

And if they really want to be "extra", they can even paint the B and C pillars in piano or matt black finish, but must also insist that windows be tinted slightly somehow and not left plain and clear.

Now the contrasting roof colours must be matched to the underlying vehicle body colour. E.g., white body colour car with black/ dark-reddish or charcoal or ligh gray roof contrast, blue body colour with silver contrast, brown with light brown or black roof etc.

That would be nice I think

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks terrible. I am not a big fan of 2-tones, but if you do it, it has to be done during the design of the car, not an afterthought. The Range Rover and XC40 have body panels that separate the 2 colours.

·
Registered
261 Posts
:thumbdown: This only works on cars that have a panel separation to provide a "gap" between the two colors.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a no for me on XC90

I agree - something seems off on the XC90, can’t quite place it. On the XC60 it actually looks fantastic, like it belongs even without a trim piece like on the XC40 to create a visual separation for the two colors; the top from pillar or base. I think it’s got more a flowing line from to rear without it being so long that makes it seem more natural. Very cool for them to play with it and offer options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts