SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally figured out how to map the damn fuel pressure. this is what i got from vida.

it says it should be at 400 kpa at idle and mine is at 300ish. i also ran the test and it seems like my pressure lags behind what it should be going to. is this the fuel pressure sensor/pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Relative pressure is about 300kpa. Add atmospheric pressure and at sealevel or near it should read 400kpa absolute.

But

You cant trust that sensor. You have to measure using a manometer from the fuel rail. My relative idle pressure was about 300kpa. Actual pressure measured at rail was 360kpa. Running a bit rich and fuel trims and fuel mileage confirmed that too

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so im averaging like 15 mpg and getting the long term trim codes as well as my boost acting up whenever the codes are on. does that sound like rich or lean? and would autozone have a manometer?

if i understand correctly the "rail" is the line under the engine cover, or no?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have no idea what causes your codes. And we dont have autozone here in Europe, but i assume they have.
Fuel rail is under the grey R cover. Pressure sensor is on the right side end and measuring port is on the left side. Its the same valve like on your tire. Dont have to remove the cover

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the codes are the fuel trim codes, signal too high.

but i'll definetly test on the rail. thanks man.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've been told about the same at our stealership. Do not trust the sensor. Pressure should be measured at the rail as described above.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i just got my goodies today, and so far all i have done is changed the fuel filter. i changed it, reset all my codes, and drove around a little. it's boosting well again and the car feels a lot less sluggish. could a shot fuel filter have done all that crap? it seemed reeeeally old.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woohoo :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the code came back today (shocker) and i'm gonna test the fuel pressure manually. before i do that though i plugged my generic obd2 into the car and it shows live data. at idle it says the frp (i'm assuming fuel rail pressure) is 43ish psi. is that measurement also not to be trusted?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thats the same reading you get from ViDA. Same sensor. Measure actual rail pressure like i said

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, will do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts