SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sure it can be - as long as the block upper surface is flat and not warped itself.

Would need to be entirely disassembled, cleaned, honed/bored, reassembled with new pistons and new rings. Would probably require dropping the pan and removing the rod caps to see if the crank is scored as well before removal - to see if it is even worth all of the work above in the first place.

Probably $2,000 worth of work and parts to get it back to acceptable. However much to put it in the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure it can be - as long as the block upper surface is flat and not warped itself.

Would need to be entirely disassembled, cleaned, honed/bored, reassembled with new pistons and new rings. Would probably require dropping the pan and removing the rod caps to see if the crank is scored as well before removal - to see if it is even worth all of the work above in the first place.

Probably $2,000 worth of work and parts to get it back to acceptable. However much to put it in the car.
At that point I think getting a new engine would be better but I always like multiple opinions. Just in case I don't see the big picture some times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts